The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (RMCC) raises money solely to support The Royal Marsden, a world-leading cancer centre. Together with the hospital we ensure our nurses, doctors and research teams can provide the very best care and develop life-saving treatments, which are used across the UK and around the world. From funding state-of-the-art equipment and ground-breaking research, to creating the very best patient environments, RMCC funds the development of new ways to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.
We are halfway through an ambitious three-year strategy that will deliver £80m of funding to support a world-class programme of research, treatment and care. We are also in the final stages of a £70 million capital appeal to build the Oak Cancer Centre at The Royal Marsden in Sutton. The Philanthropy & Partnerships directorate has led the majority of this fundraising, successfully securing a lead donation of £25 million and multiple 7 and 6 figure donations from trusts and foundations, major donors, corporate partners and special events/high value committee supporters. The Charity is now working closely with the hospital on exciting plans for a new major redevelopment project to launch in 2022/23 on the Chelsea site.
About the role
The Head of Trusts, Stewardship and Philanthropy Comms is a critical post within The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, responsible for leading on the consolidation and growth of the trust income stream, which over the last three years has secured over £43 million.
The role is also responsible for delivering outstanding stewardship and philanthropy communications to all RMCC’s prospective and existing high value supporters. The post holder will develop and deliver strategies for both these areas, lead and motivate a team of fundraisers and specialist stewardship and comms experts and build strong and effective relationships with some of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity’s most generous donors.
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop, implement and lead a trust and foundations fundraising strategy.
- Identify and build relationships with key individuals in major trusts and foundations with a focus on securing six and seven and eight figure donors in line with agreed targets.
- Lead on the development of solicitation and stewardship plans for your portfolio of donors and prospects, as well as that of your team, including developing and delivering extraordinary stewardship plans for RMCC’s 8-figure trust donor.
- Build productive and effective relationships with senior volunteers and appeal board members in order to raise funds for RMCC.
- Lead the Stewardship and Philanthropy Comms team, overseeing the delivery of the Philanthropy & Partnerships team’s programme of stewardship and philanthropy communications, working closely with the Hospital’s PR & Comms team.
- Lead the delivery of the highest standards of bespoke proposals and updates for Philanthropy & Partnerships team supporters, through yourself, your own team and others.
We are running an open recruitment process and will progress to interviews as applications are received. Please continue to the recruitment site and contact Peridot Partners, our recruitment consultants, to discuss the role in more detail.