The Royal Marsden are incredibly proud of their international reputation for their ground-breaking work, championing change and improvement in cancer care through research and innovation, education and leading-edge practice. The Talent Set are working exclusively with them to recruit an experienced and passionate Senior PR & Communications Manager into the Marketing & Communications department, playing a central role working across the Trust, The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, The Royal Marsden Private Care, the National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre, and The Royal Marsden School.
Within the department, the PR & Communications team works alongside the Marketing and Digital teams to provide a cross matrix approach to projects, ensuring all their audiences, including staff, patients, and media, are aware of the strategic priorities and latest work of The Royal Marsden.
The PR and Communications Team has a broad remit, covering both external and internal communications, VIP visits, Trust and Charity events, a suite of magazines, and video/documentary projects. They drive a proactive thought leadership agenda, enhancing the reputation of The Royal Marsden as an NHS leader, and positioning the hospital at the forefront of worldwide cancer research, treatment and care.
As Senior PR & Communications Manager you will develop and implement the Trust’s public relations and external & internal communications strategies, delivering both a proactive and reactive plan to raise the profile and understanding of the work of the Trust, enhancing its reputation and promoting awareness of its aims and achievements. This is a highly visible position within the organisation and works closely with the Head of Communications, building relationships with high-profile stakeholders both internally and externally while leading a busy and ambitious team of 5.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a full press office service, developing and maintain relationships with national, local, and specialist media.
- Working with documentary film makers and production companies, negotiating filming contracts.
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities to promote The Royal Marsden’s thought leadership, working with the Science Media Centre as appropriate, to enhance the Trust presence as a key voice on oncology and driving a positive public image.
- Identifying and promoting media opportunities, establishing relationships with key members of staff, patients, volunteers, fundraisers, and other key stakeholders.
- Working with the marketing department to ensure successful development and implementation of the marketing, communications, and events plan including management of internal processes and campaign evaluation.
- Maintain the Trusts’ corporate image and brand, ensuring it is used consistently.
- Managing the production of a suite of magazines.
- Promoting The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity to patients, the general public, and staff, in order to maximise impact through the effective use of external and internal communications.
- Liaise with other key stakeholders for national projects including Genomics, the Cancer Vanguard and the London Cancer Hub.
- To work with the Trust and Charity’s Digital Teams including the Social Media Manager to maximise the use of the website and social media channels to promote The Royal Marsden’s reputation.
Ideally you will have significant experience across PR & Communications with a large charity or NHS organisation within the health sector. You will be a confident, well-practiced people manager and be passionate about The Royal Marsden’s work.
Flexible working on a 60/40 office/home basis is on offer to all employees as well as the incredible NHS benefits package.
To be considered for this position please apply with your CV as soon as possible, regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third party CVs submitted to The Royal Marsden will be redirected to The Talent Set for review.