The Royal Marsden are incredibly proud of their international reputation for their ground-breaking work, ensuring their patients receive the very best and latest in cancer treatment and care. The Talent Set are working exclusively to recruit an experienced and passionate PR & Communications expert into the Marketing & Communications department, playing a central role working across the Trust, The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, The Royal Marsden Private Care, the National Institute for Health & Biomedical Research Centre, and The Royal Marsden School.
The PR and Communications Team has a broad remit, spanning both external and internal communications, VIP visits, Trust and Charity events, a suite of magazines, and video/documentary projects. They drive a proactive thought leadership agenda, enhancing the reputation of The Royal Marsden as an NHS leader, and positioning the hospital at the forefront of worldwide cancer research, treatment and care.
As Senior PR & Communications Officer, you will develop and implement the Trust’s public relations and communications strategies, delivering both a proactive and reactive plan to raise the profile and understanding of the work of the Trust, enhance its reputation and promote awareness of its aims and achievements in ways which are appropriate for differing audiences.
This is a high profile role reporting into the Head of PR & Communications and working with senior stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a comprehensive media service, particularly around the proactive sell-in of a positive news agenda from The Royal Marsden, including thought leadership pieces and focus on the areas in which the organisation leads.
- Work with documentary film makers and production companies on documentaries featuring Royal Marsden patients and staff which are filmed on Trust property, negotiating filming contracts as applicable
- Identify and maximise opportunities to promote The Royal Marsden’s world-leading clinical research, working with researchers, funders, senior clinicians and health and science media in order to enhance the Trust’s reputation as a research institution and its impact on patient treatment and care at The Royal Marsden and for cancer patients across the UK and further afield.
- Identify and promote appropriate media opportunities for mainstream and trade media, and establish relationships with key members of staff, patients, volunteers, fundraisers and others connected with the Trust and Charity.
- Work in collaboration with media relations team at The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) on issues or proactive media affecting both organisations.
- Help co-ordinate VIP visits to the Trust, where there is media interest in the event, in liaison with senior management, clinical and ward staff.
To be successful in this role you will have at least 4 years PR & Communications experience within a high profile NHS/Charity/Education/Bluechip organisation and be confident leading on research based media & PR work. You will be experienced in managing senior stakeholders, confident at building and maintaining relationships internally and externally and used to working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple project and juggling priorities – experience managing crisis communications would be beneficial.
Working arrangements are constantly being reviewed in light of current government guidelines, long-term this post will be based in Chelsea with occasional travel to their Sutton location and 1 day working from home per week is offered.
Please provide your CV to be considered for the position or contact Heather Burch at The Talent Set for further details. We are expecting a high level of interest for this position so, regrettably, we may not be able to respond to each individual application.
Please note we are working with The Royal Marsden exclusively on this role, any 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to The Talent Set for review.