Are you looking to put your social media and digital skills to good use?
The Royal Naval Association is the biggest collective group of Royal Naval veterans and serving personnel, with over 250 branches in the UK and overseas. The Association provides those with a link to the Royal Navy access to a life-long community of like-minded and supportive individuals. Our community provides companionship, resilience, comradeship and unity to anyone and everyone with a Naval story, supporting them through life's highs and lows.
We are looking for a social media volunteer to help us increase our social media presence in line with our new communications strategy, across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. This will require a commitment of a minimum of one day (or 7 hours) per week.
• You have experience of marketing and social media, either through education, work or volunteering.
• You are familiar with using social media and other online tools to generate interest in a business or project.
• Is an excellent communicator.
• You are able to write clearly, accurately and succinctly.
• You can be flexible with their time: We envisage spending a short time each day (although not necessarily every day) updating social media channels. The volunteer will also be expected to attend some of our events and workshops with a view to reporting on them.
• No prior experience or knowledge of the Royal Navy or the Royal Naval Association is necessary, but would be beneficial.
Developing The Royal Naval Association's social media presence with a particular focus on:
• Keeping our social media channels updated, ideally on a daily basis
• Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
• Increasing the numbers of people following our posts and channels
• Promoting our membership and charity core values
• Building The Royal Naval Association brand
• Setting, working towards, and reporting on social media objectives and targets.
You will be working closely with the Communications Manager and Officer but much of your work will require confidence working alone.
If you think this role would suit you then please get in touch with us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.