The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for 4 Procurement Category Managers, to join TRP on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £55,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
The Procurement Category Managers will be instrumental in enhancing the central procurement function at The Royal Parks. As part of our Corporate Strategy we want to secure our financial future and diversify into new areas and so we need someone who can break the mould and make a difference to our services.
In order to support our Corporate strategy, the Category Managers will be responsible for developing and implementing pre and post end-to-end procurement strategies which align with TRP objectives in driving collaboration, stakeholder engagement, and fostering best practices in procurement. Through the application of personal gravitas, technical skill, post qualification experience, accuracy and pace.
This is an exciting new opportunity with a chance to make a difference to TRP as there will be a chance to get involved with varied work, collaborate with different teams and ensure compliance across TRP.
We expect the successful individuals to be proactive and have great interpersonal skills as well as being and rigorous with their approach to procurement and contracts.
If you want to know more, visit us on our Open Day which will be held on Thursday 23rd November at 14:00-15:30 at The Old Police House, Hyde Park. This will be a great opportunity to come down to learn more about what we do, take a walk through one of our wonderful parks and a chance to meet some of the team.
To be considered as Procurement Category Manager, you will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Procurement or related fields
- CIPS qualification
- Experience in procurement management
- Experience of pre and post procurement management life cycles, category management or business partnering roles
- Ability to develop and implement procurement and contract management strategies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- CCR 2016, PCR 2015 application, and working knowledge of contracts and finalising contracts
- Strong leadership skills
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an “Accessibility Tools” button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.