The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, an internationally-renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK. We connect the world of science to advance chemical knowledge for a better future.
Position: Business Analyst: Technology
Location: Cambridge (commutable from Alconbury, Bedford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge North, Cherry Hinton, Chesterton, Ely, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Histon & Impington, Hitchin, Huntingdon, Longstanton, Milton, Newmarket, Northstowe, Oakington, Orchard-Park, Royston, Saffron Walden, Somersham, St Ives, St Neots, Stevenage, Swavesey, Waterbeach, Wyton and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40,027 to £44,474 per annum plus benefits
Closing Date: 30 July 2019
About the role:
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Technology team on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis, at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking, and close to the guided busway and Cambridge North train station).
As a Business Analyst (BA), you will report to our BA Team Lead and will be a key member of our wider Business Relationship Management (BRM) team in Technology, encompassing Business Analysis, Project Management and Demand Management.
Our BA team are a conduit between Technology and other directorates across the RSC, supporting the capture, validation and prioritisation of processes and business needs, while formulating business cases, system requirements and vendor selection criteria, and determining how technology can be used to deliver value across the organisation.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy a varied and challenging role and working collaboratively to support colleagues on multiple projects, implementing valuable, practical and cost-effective solutions. You will work on a broad mix of strategic and operational assignments, being comfortable in both Agile and Waterfall environments, recognising change management triggers during project lifecycles and taking an active role in the successful adoption of changed processes, products, and technologies. You will also assist with the management of our business demand pipeline.
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst on strategic digital transformation projects.
- Highly analytical and logical, able to inspire confidence and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to maintain a professional and customer focussed attitude, and to build and sustain strong working relationships.
- Excellent time management, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including being accustomed to running workshops and public speaking.
- Able to effectively manage and influence stakeholders’ expectations.
- Sound technical knowledge of enterprise-level IT systems / infrastructure in a corporate environment.
- Proven experience in understanding and capturing requirements; adopting various techniques to prioritise, validate and align to business outcomes.
- Able to use data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software.
- Experience of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies for project management in a technical environment.
- Formal qualification in Business Analysis Techniques.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices and Business Relationship Management (BRM).
- Knowledge of Scholarly Publishing and / or not-for-profit organisations.
- Knowledge of Financial Management Systems, CRM and Membership Systems.
- Experience of transitioning to Office365.
The Royal Society of Chemistry supports development and offers excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by the closing date.
You may have experience of the following: Business Analyst, BA, Business Systems Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Project Manager, Analytics, Project Management, Business Process Analyst, Digital Analyst, Digital Business Analyst, Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, etc.