Location – Edinburgh Zoo (remote working available/attend monthly meetings)
Join a successful team to take the lead on income generation from grants to support RZSS’ vision and mission at an exciting time of growth and expansion. This will include producing compelling applications and reports as well as excellent management of relationships with a wide range of funders.
Some of the things you'll do
- Generate income for RZSS Edinburgh Zoo and RZSS Highland Wildlife Park as well as national and international conservation and education programmes.
- Manage our accounts with major funders including National Lottery, NatureScot and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, which collectively have given more than £5m to date.
- Take the lead on account management and stewardship for the Postcode Lottery Fund, currently giving £600k per annum.
- Maintain excellent relationships with funders and partners, meeting all application and reporting deadlines and ensuring that funders are engaged and informed on developments within RZSS.
- Periodically supervise other staff, interns and volunteers.
- Deputise for the Development Manager when required.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be educated to degree-level or hold equivalent experience
- CIOF Certificate of Fundraising or equivalent experience/qualification
- Detailed knowledge of grant funding and stewardship principles
- Knowledge of donor cultivation and stewardship principles
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the external fundraising environment in Scotland
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, e.g. working with senior level managers to deliver cultivation activity and managing prospect lists
- Practical application of using CRM databases e.g. ThankQ or another relevant database management system
- Membership of relevant professional body e.g. CIOF
- Understanding of GDPR guidelines
To apply, please click RZSS Job Opportunities
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.