Fixed term contract until June 2025
One of the UK’s most inspiring and best known faith-based organisations, The Salvation Army, is looking for a numerate Accounts Assistant to provide vital finance-oriented support role on an exciting new contract.
The Salvation Army has been appointed to the Government’s new Modern Slavery Victim Care Contract to manage the support of adult victims of modern slavery in England and Wales. Through this new and extended contract, which runs for an initial five-year period, we and our specialist partners can build on expertise developed from helping more than 12,000 adult victims of modern slavery and human trafficking since July 2011.
Join us and you could soon be part of a highly productive team that manages a large supply chain. Your main focus will be on overseeing and analysing financial processes and preparing financial reports on behalf of the Contract Management Team. However, you’ll also act as a point of contact for, and work closely with, Corporate Finance teams and a Management Accountant to ensure we deliver a seamless finance service. Checking the accuracy of financial entries, preparing internal financial reports and analyses and getting accruals and pre-payments ready for approval – all are aspects of this interesting and varied role.
You will need:
• Two A Levels and GCSE Maths and English at a grade C or above, or equivalent
• Proven experience of having worked in a similar role and a good understanding of bookkeeping and month end accounting practices
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office (with intermediate level skills in Excel and Word), Outlook and accounting systems
• A flair for learning new procedures and systems quickly to perform the duties of your role
• A positive and confident communication style, allowing you to effectively deal with a wide range of enquiries from internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent attention to detail and experience of managing a busy workload, working to tight deadlines and meeting your objectives successfully
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan and an employee assistance programme.
We positively welcome candidates with lived experience and if you can demonstrate that you meet the minimum essential criteria you will be invited to an interview.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and an enhanced DBS Check will be required.
Closing date: 28th September 2020. We reserve the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.
CVs will not be accepted.
Promoting equality in the workplace