Closing date: 20th February 2022.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate and motivated individual, to take on an exciting opportunity in the role of Assistant Support Worker at Crichton House which provides various outreach services to homeless people including outreach support, accommodation and floating support.
This role is a unique opportunity for those looking to begin a career within homeless services. Housing First provides permanent housing directly to street homeless individuals with ongoing assertive but flexible support, with a strong focus on harm reduction and sustainable tenancy within the community.
The project adheres to the following Housing First principles;
- People have a right to a home
- Flexible support is provided for as long as it is needed
- Housing and support are separated
- The service is targeted at people who have been able to succeed through other housing options.
- Individuals have choice and control
- An active engagement approach is used
- A harm reduction approach to substance is used
- The service is delivered in a trauma informed, psychologically informed and gendered informed way that is sensitive to peoples characteristics.
- The service is based on people’s strengths, goals and aspirations
- The widest range of service is involved from the onset. Working collaboratively, is key.
The Housing First Assistant Support Worker will work with homeless people to gain and sustain permanent accommodation. Support is life-long and provided intensively for as long as is required. The Housing First Assistant Support Worker will work as part of a small experienced team, empowering clients to achieve improvements in all areas of their wellbeing.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Motivation towards supporting vulnerable clients to achieve focussed and positive life outcomes.
- Good customer service and time management skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Demonstrate values of integrity and accountability within working practice
In return we offer 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan and an employee assistance programme.
Appointment subject to Satisfactory References, Proof of right to work in the UK and DBS check.
CVs will not be accepted.
Promoting equality in the workplace.