One of the UK’s most inspiring and best-known faith-based organisations, The Salvation Army, is looking for a dynamic person to appoint as Operations Lead at Regent Hall (Oxford Street, London, W1C 2DJ). Within The Salvation Army, the Operations Manager role is known as an Operations Lead.
Regent Hall Church and Community Hub is working with others to bring God’s welcome to people who live, work in and visit the Oxford Street area of London. Our vision is ‘to be a visible, vibrant church bringing God’s transforming welcome to life in the world, in the heart of London and in to people’s lives’. There is a major development project underway to extend the mission and redevelop the site.
As Operations Lead you will be responsible for
- Leading the operational management of Regent Hall Salvation Army Church & Community Hub site in support of its mission.
- Supporting community facing activities
- Management oversight of relaunching and developing the events operation.
- Management of internal communication, administration, finance and HR services
- Financial planning and budgeting and developing income generation
- Oversight of buildings management and maintenance; leading on compliance with Health and Safety, Safeguarding etc.
- Operational support and oversight of outsourced café, Fika, Social enterprise, Bloom and other community support groups working out of Regent Hall.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience of managing in a similar complex and evolving role
- Provide evidence of experience of previous financial, property, compliance and safeguarding experience
- Identify with the purpose of Regent Hall and support its mission
- Work as part of a Senior Management Team to develop Regent Hall’s mid-term development and promote a lived ‘Theology of Welcome’
- Be part of the Regent Hall Development Project Steering Group working on long term redevelopment of the site.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan and an employee assistance programme.
Closing date: 8 August 2021.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK.
CVs will not be accepted. Promoting equality in the workplace.