Location - Cardiff, Bristol, Exeter or Fareham*
There are many incredible stories for you to tell as a Regional Communications Officer working for The Salvation Army, a modern and relevant church and charity committed to social action. We are looking for an experienced communications and media professional for a permanent role.
Few people know the many and varied ways we support vulnerable people and we want you to change that. Our services range from running food banks, tackling human trafficking and modern slavery, helping people recover from homelessness, to providing debt advice and helping people into work. You will be promoting the work of The Salvation Army in Wales and the South West, including award-winning services such as Housing First which helps people move on from homelessness.
- Deliver news stories and coverage in regional media - print, broadcast and digital - through proactive and reactive media activity.
- Develop creative and engaging multi-platform content for external communications, including social media channels.
- To support the PR & Communications managers and colleagues to deliver and implement external communication strategies
- Work on the roll out of national campaigns.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven media relations expertise
- Experience of working with digital channels
- Clear understanding of brand and reputation management
- Ability to draft media strategies, plans and evaluation reports
We are seeking a bilingual Welsh and English speaker and you will also need a driver’s licence.
* Your main office base will be one of our divisional headquarters at Cardiff, Bristol, Exeter or Fareham, where you will have access to office facilities and desk space on a hot-desking basis (once it’s safe to do so). The role will operate on a hybrid-working basis, with an agile blend of home working, regional travel and office time, to be agreed on an individual basis.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan and an employee assistance programme.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and an enhanced DBS Check will be required.
Closing date: 07 October 2021. We reserve the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.
CVs will not be accepted.
Promoting equality in the workplace