Senior Trusts & Foundations Manager
The Scar Free Foundation has a simple, focused mission; to achieve scar free healing within a generation. We have a 20 year track record in major donor fundraising, sustained relationship building and research excellence that has already delivered clinically meaningful outcomes. With impeccable, senior, volunteer leadership and an amazing group of Ambassadors – those with compelling stories to tell about their own scarring – we now seek an experienced and skilled story-teller, to help bring these elements together, in support of our vision of a world without scarring.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Trusts & Foundations Manager will assist the Chief Executive in delivering the Foundation’s fundraising campaign by leading on fundraising from major Trusts & Foundations and Governmental sources.
Bid Writing & Reporting
- To prepare and submit well-written, compelling and complete funding applications of the highest standard.
- To integrate effectively with the academic, scientific, clinical and patient communities we support to understand and effectively present the scientific as well as the human, emotional and economic case for funding.
- To develop an excellent working relationship with the Board of Trustees and Development Board to maximise their networks, and to support the Chief Executive and senior volunteers to establish and strengthen Trustee- and Director-level grant making trust relationships.
- To establish productive relationships with senior Trust & Foundation staff.
- To work with the Development Officer (whom you will manage) to research prospective grant making trusts whose interests are in line with the charity’s aims and to prepare summary briefs for the Chief Executive and senior volunteers as and when required.
- To track and maintain an accurate timetable of acquired Trust funding, pending applications and prospects and to record funder interactions using the charity’s database, Raiser’s Edge.
- To work with the Company Secretary & Finance Manager to process and record donations.
- To prepare concise reports to funders on the impact of their giving.
- To log and monitor the progress of agreed funder actions on Raiser’s Edge and to check in regularly against these with staff and senior volunteers.
- To identify and manage resources, key directories and publications necessary to support this research.
- To write content for online and physical supporter materials, as required.
- To support the Chief Executive with the overall campaign strategy, taking on other duties as required.
- To attend events as a representative of The Scar Free Foundation as required.
- At least five years’ experience in trust fundraising for the voluntary sector, though not restricted to working for a medical research charity.
- A proven track record of drafting meaningful, successful proposals to Trusts and Foundations and Statutory sources of at least six figures.
- Evidence of an aptitude to work with senior, highly influential and well-connected supporters, donors and canvassers.
- Some knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or equivalent fundraising database.
- An expert understanding of the core principles of Trusts & Foundation Fundraising, with a focus on building long-term and sustained senior relationships with grant makers.
- Experience of managing staff
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.