The mission of the King Edward VI Foundation is to make Birmingham the best place to be educated in the UK. We firmly believe that a King Edward VI education should be accessible to pupils from all backgrounds.
The Schools of King Edward VI in Birmingham (“the Foundation”) is one of the most significant educational charities in this country. King Edward’s School was founded in 1552, and now in the 21st century the Foundation runs twelve schools – two independent fee-paying schools, six selective academies and four non-selective academies.
This is an exciting time to join the Foundation, with plans to substantially grow the number of comprehensive schools in the Academy Trust over the next five years. The role of Projects Officer is critical to the success of the Educational Support & Growth Department in meeting this target and will provide high quality support across a range of projects and departments.
Located in Edgbaston with the flexibility to work from home, this 12-month role offers a unique opportunity to work for a strong Academy Trust. The nature of this busy and varied job means that no one day is the same. You will be a self-motivated, collaborative, and proactive individual, with a passion for the transformative impact of education.
Principle responsibilities and duties
Project support and administration to assist with educational improvement and co-ordination across the Foundation schools including:
• To take responsibility for the administration and logistics of project meetings and other meetings / events delivered by the Education team.
• To take meeting minutes, notes, and actions, distributing these in a timely fashion.
• To maintain / update project documentation as required by the project manager.
• To act as a point of contact for meeting participants as required.
• To follow up tasks to ensure they are completed in accordance with project timelines.
• To co-ordinate the departmental calendar and administer Doodle Polls as necessary.
• To assist with administration of the Foundation’s online forums and welcome messaging for new staff.
• To liaise with colleagues and suppliers to ensure stakeholders hold appropriate software licences.
• To liaise with colleagues and suppliers to gather and distribute project information as required.
• To support with ad hoc education projects where colleagues or schools require support.
• To liaise with suppliers regarding invoices and support project managers with budget management.
• To support suppliers with logistics around external audits and reviews.
• To work with colleagues, to contribute to the production and maintenance of data dashboards using Power Bi (training will be provided).
• To support the planning, co-ordination, and delivery of governor training.
- Experience of working on complex projects
- Knowledge of the different ways in which projects can be effectively delivered
- Experience supporting budget management
- Experience of organising meetings and events
- Experience of writing high quality briefings and minutes
- Experience of analysing and presenting data using technology
- Excellent communication skills
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.