We have an exciting opportunity for a live in Adventure Experience Manager to join our team based in Youlbury. We will offer you a competitive salary of £33,594 per annum.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Adventure Experience Manager Role:
This job is about ensuring that our visitors all have a great experience of the Scout Adventures product. With an absolute focus on how people experience our locations, the post holder will lead our on-centre team of volunteers and staff to deliver amazing outdoor experiences to our visitors.
This role has a broad spectrum of responsibility on site and includes both planning for and delivering effective programmes to young people. It will also lead the way with leading and supporting our volunteer and staff team, helping them to be great at their roles and add value to our visitors at the same time.
Rest assured, this role is about as far from your average 9-5 as you can get.
Key responsibilities as our Adventure Experience Manager:
- Line manage a team of up to 10 staff, up to 35 full time volunteers and up to 50 part time volunteers.
- Support the management of an expenditure budget of around £600k per annum
- Lead the way to ensure that all visitors to the centre have an amazing experience of the Scout Adventures product.
- Ensure that the centre runs smoothly and safely
- Contribute to the development of the centre
- Work with the centre team to provide a consistent and positive management approach to volunteers
- Provide on-call duty management support as required across the Scout Adventures network.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective daily operating processes
What we are looking for in our Adventure Experience Manager:
This role is the needle and thread that makes our adventures centres work – you’ll be excellent at planning and Coordinating our volunteers, staff, contractors, caterers, group leaders and facilities teams to produce a seamless and high quality experience for the thousands of young people coming through our gates each year.
Keeping an eye on all the little things that make the big picture work is the day to day of this role, ensuring that we are both planning for the future and being great today. This person knows what’s happening on site all the time and instinctively leads each group through their experience without creating clash with other user groups.
You’ll be joining a great team; working hard to give as many young people as possible an opportunity to have an adventure with us. Maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders who all are all involved in operating the centre will be key to success.
Ideally you will have the following experience:
- Proven competence in managing teams in an operational setting.
- Understanding of the value and importance of informal education; especially in the outdoors.
- Experience managing support services such as catering, and maintenance contractors.
- Experience of problem solving in a customer service focussed environment
- Some delivery experience, either in an educational, outdoor educational or visitor experience environment.
- Confidence working in a values based working environment.
What we can offer you as our Adventure Experience Manager:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
• Up to four personal days paid leave a year
• Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Childcare Vouchers
• Flexible working hours
• Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
• Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Thu, 4 November 2021, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.