We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support Administrator (Part-time) to join our team home based with some travel (20 hours per week).
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Customer Support Administrator Role:
We’re after someone with a great eye for detail, strong organisational skills, and prior customer service experience. You need to be comfortable prioritising your workload, and working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is an ability to problem solve.
You’ll spend most of your time looking after some of our key financial tasks, as well as managing some of the steps in the customer booking journey. You’ll help customers to feel supported and ready for their adventure, making sure all the detail is there for the operational team to deliver.
This role is home-based with nearly all tasks completed digitally, so you’ll need to be comfortable on the computer and be happy to work independently too. Don’t worry, you’ll still be surrounded by a great team!
Key responsibilities as our Customer Support Administrator:
• Taking and recording payments from customers, and processing refund requests.
• Liaising with The Scouts finance team to ensure payments on our booking system are reconciled on a regular basis.
• Managing deposit payments: ensuring that customers receive reminders, deposits are paid on-time, and quote bookings are expired in line with Scout Adventures policy.
• Managing final payments: ensuring that final invoices are raised and sent to customers, and debtors are managed in line with Scout Adventures policy.
• Completing recurring financial and administration tasks to keep accurate records of invoices, payments and reports on our booking system.
• Sending pre-written information and reminders to customers in the lead up to their visit.
• Ensuring that customers have given us the details we need to deliver their booking
• Sending feedback survey requests after customers depart.
• Preparing routine data and reports to help identify gaps, trends and insights into our operation, our customers and the impact we have.
• Carrying out other administration and customer service tasks as required, commensurate to the role
What we are looking for in our Customer Support Administrator:
• Prior experience working in a customer service or administration environment
• Great organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Comfortable using IT and digital systems
• Ability to prioritise, problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment
• Confident working independently, managing your own workload and working to deadlines
• Ability to follow Scout Adventures processes
What we can offer you as our Customer Support Administrator:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Thu, 23 June 2022, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.