This is an exciting opportunity for a Development Team Assistant to join our development team, in Avon, Somerset, and Gloucestershire. You will join us on a part-time, fixed term contract until February 2023. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,533 per annum (pro rota £6354.17).
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Development Team Assistant Role:
This role will be a fundamental part of taking Scouting to new and underrepresented communities and will involve working directly with both adults and young people to run and support youth provision.
We will focus on your personal development with an induction and training programme, building your skills in the following areas: communication skills, project planning, and organisation presenting and training delivery, working with young people, working in a team, creative thinking, and problem-solving methods as well as core employment skills such as time management, first aid and IT.
Because of the nature of the role, you will need to be self-motivated and able to work remotely from home with regular daytime and evening work out in communities supporting them to create Scouting provision.
What will you be doing in the Development Team Assistant role?
- Supporting the opening of Scout sections in new communities
- Ensuring the good and safe running of the youth sections in accordance with POR responding to the current needs of the Group
- Working together to ensure problems and challenges are overcome
- Welcoming and induct new adults and young people to Scouting
- Undertaking events to attract young people such as school assemblies
- Promoting Scouting through different mediums in the area where the new section is opening
- Supporting and running open evenings and taster sessions for adults and young people
- Recruiting adults and converting parents into volunteers
- Mentoring and inducting new adults in partnership with the Appointments Advisory Committee and Training Team
- Assisting groups to write and implement programme plans
- Running the new section alongside the new adults for a period of time, enabling sustainability following ‘handover’
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Three Counties Team Leader
What we are looking for in our Development Team Assistant:
- Able to work independently of direct supervision
- Able to plan and organise own travel
- Team player
- Be enthusiastic and able to enthuse and motivate others
- Must live in a geographical location to enable effective support to volunteers in the Avon, Somerset, or Gloucestershire area
- Able and willing to work at least two evenings a week and occasional weekends
- Have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
What we can offer you as our Development Team Assistant:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
Closing date:14th October 2021
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies