We have an exciting opportunity for a Ecommerce Manager to join our team based in Lancing (hybid working available). We will offer you a competitive salary of £42,973 per annum.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Ecommerce Manager Role:
We are rejuvenating the team post pandemic, during the past year we have pivoted the business from a B2B Wholesaler to a direct to customer model, with huge untapped potential for growth. This role is an opportunity to deliver career defining LFL’s and KPIs. We are a close knit, small team who work in a fast paced, agile way. You will be empowered to make decisions and learn fast.
You will lead a brand new and growing team, while being an integral part of a dynamic management team fully accountable for running this mid-sized business. The business is growing and the structure is regularly reviewed so plenty of opportunity for progression.
The Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Scout Store websites, trading them effectively, optimising user journeys, and aligning efforts with the Marketing and Customer Service team. The Ecommerce Manager will use data and other engagement tools to brief optimisations into the development and design teams to ensure high conversion, a higher average order value and engagement. The Ecommerce Manager will have strong commercial acumen, be data passionate, and have great attention to detail.
Key responsibilities as our Ecommerce Manager:
- Develop, Own, administer and engage the business on the overall long-term Ecommerce Strategy.
- Product data management - ensure that all product data is on the websites sites including images, descriptions, product detail, and prices.
- Manage the overall critical path to get product information and photography on to the site on time and ensure all involved teams within the business are aware of deadlines.
- Online Product Management – Ensure that products are merchandised while ensuring that products are simple to find, but yet maximising sale opportunities.
- Ensure that all the back end office work is done to maximise merchandising opportunities
- Online sales budget control and forecasting – identify and report on trends in trading performance and develop sales forecasts for peak trading periods online.
- Web Analytics – monitor and measure site performance, while using this to make recommendation and improve performance.
- Measure online conversion and identify tactics internally and with development team to improve conversion rates
What we are looking for in our Ecommerce Manager:
- Experience in an Ecommerce environment at Management level.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Ideally experience of B2B Ecommerce, but not essential.
- Experience of PPC, Google Analytics.
- Must have strategy and delivery experience.
- Experience of project\product management.
- Commercially minded individual
- Technical experience with ecommerce platforms.
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels.
What we can offer you as our Ecommerce Manager:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: TBC
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.