We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Technician to join our team based across our Great Tower and Hawkhirst sites. We will offer you a competitive salary of £25,134 per annum.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Facilities Technician Role:
As a Facilities Technician; you will be carrying our planned preventive maintenance and compliance checks across our Great Tower and Hawkhirst sites. You will be the eyes and ears on site travelling between the 2 sites ensuring they are presentable and fully maintained by delivering a high-quality service. No two days will be the same, one day you could be completing fire alarm test or emergency lighting tests and carrying out basic building fabric repairs, such as guttering, doors, windows, and lock repairs, the next you could be working on minor decorating and plumbing repairs.
We will provide a company van and expenses associated with working away so a driving license is essential for this role.
Key responsibilities as our Facilities Technician:
- Complete general Maintenance tasks such as basic plumbing, decorating and tasks like door handle repairs.
- Undertake all building and facilities related safety and compliance checks as required.
- Order necessary materials and parts as required
- Ensure hazardous areas such as; workshops, work yards, fuel stores and gas cages remain risk free, tidy and safe.
- Be the onsite presence to book in and managing any contractors; ensuring the contractors management plan is put into action locally and call contractors when required
- Be proactive around the building in fault finding and identifying when something isn't right
- Ensure all facilities tasks are adequately risk assessed and documented
- Work with our local volunteer teams to plan and complete small projects on centre, ensuring risk assessments are completed, correct materials being used and works being completed to a safe
- Look after company van ensuring tools and equipment and returned and van kept stocked and tidy
What we are looking for in our Facilities Technician:
- Previous experience working in a Trade/General Building Maintenance/Facilities environment
- Logical thinker with attention to detail
- Able to self-prioritise work load
- Able to Work at Heights on ladders, steps and scaffold tower
- Knowledge and ability to complete multi trade maintenance tasks
- Understanding and experience in completing planned statutory compliance tasks such as legionella system of control and fire alarm test, or a willingness to learn.
What we can offer you as our Facilities Technician:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Mon, 10 January 2022, 23:22
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.