We have an exciting opportunity for an Individual Giving Manager to join our team based in Gilwell Park, Chingford with Hybrid Working Options also available. You will be working on a full time basis as part of a fixed term contract until June 2022, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £37,557.68 per annum B and F, Level 3, inclusive of OLW +Market Supplement.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Individual Giving Manager role:
This role will manage increasing income and income streams. You will engage with donors at all levels, from first gifts to our high value donor group, the Gilwell Fellows, many of whom are US based.
The role allows for plenty of opportunity to develop project management skills, as well as seeing the implementation of the projects for which we have secured funding.
Key responsibilities as our Individual Giving Manager:
• Develop and implement a successful donor acquisition programme, including the recruitment and development of regular and cash givers through new and existing channels, to meet annual income targets, KPIs and to minimise attrition
• Lead the development of the legacy marketing programme to increase legacy conversations and pledges
• Devise, monitor and manage the individual giving budget and produce accurate reports
• Manage the Gilwell Fellows high value donor giving group.
• Lead, manage and develop the relationships with the professional fundraising agencies and other suppliers contracted to assist with implementing the individual giving programme.
• Liaise closely with all TSA departments and key volunteers
What we are looking for in our Individual Giving Manager:
• A proven ability to distil complex information and convey ideas effectively to a range of stakeholders.
• Proven research skills preferably gained in a fundraising or marketing environment.
• Excellent IT, administration and database management skills, ideally Raisers Edge.
• Line management of a small fundraising team
Skills, abilities and knowledge
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within Individual Giving and a fundraising environment.
• Proven experience in donor acquisition and development through direct marketing.
• Proven experience of developing a range of Individual Giving income streams,
• Knowledge of fundraising and marketing campaigns, planning and implementation.
• Demonstrable experience and understanding of Legacy Fundraising and in memory and tribute giving.
• Demonstrable experience and understanding of Digital Fundraising.
• Good knowledge of tax effective giving as applied to fundraising.
• Good knowledge of GDPR and charity law as applied to fundraising.
What we can offer you as our Individual Giving Manager:
• 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
• Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
• Life Assurance
• Simply Health Scheme
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
• Up to four personal days paid leave a year
• Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Childcare Vouchers
• Flexible working hours
• Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
• Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: 2nd February 2022
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our new Individual Giving Manager.
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.