We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager (CRM) to join our team in Gilwell Park, London (with remote working). You will join us on a full-time, fixed term basis until the end of March 2023, and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £43,064 inclusive of Outer London Weighting.
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Product Manager (CRM) Role:
As a Product Manager your key purpose is to manage the development of our membership systems, working with the Delivery Manager and key teams within the organisation. Spending time listening to users, researching, understanding and communicating the product vision and then identify requirements, translate into user stories and communicate these for implementation.
What will you be doing in the Product Manager (CRM) role?
- Create and agree the product vision, objectives and roadmap for agreed products with key stakeholders
- Translate product vision into clearly documented user stories and acceptance criteria
- Develop, manage and monitor objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for agreed products
- Support colleagues and stakeholders to produce user and organisation requirements and functional specifications
- Lead the build, test, training and deployment processes, making sure that the organisation requirements are delivered and the solution will be fit for purpose
- Facilitate the prioritisation of user stories based on delivering optimum benefit to the organisation and our members
- Facilitate and run workshops, build strong relationships and inspire confidence through your ability to understand the business, its problems and its aspirations
- Develop clear requirement specifications, ensuring that all business and systems needs are identified clearly and unambiguously, with detailed consideration for all project and technical dependencies and risks
- Carry out data analysis by identifying sources, gap analysis and requirements for migration and integration to existing systems
What we are looking for in our Product Manager (CRM):
- A track record of working on digital products with demonstrable experience of working on a variety of different CRM, tech or digital delivery projects
- Experience working with stakeholders and business users to elicit, capture, analyse, refine, communicate and document their requirements
- Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, DSDM)
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops etc.)
- Experience of analysis of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles and activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery
- Experience of Agile documentation including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc.
- Experience of facilitating Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, stand ups and retrospectives
- Experience of using data and insights to inform decision making
- Experience of working with wide range of stakeholder audiences
- Product Management training/qualification (Desirable)
- Agile, SCRUM or SAFe project management training /qualification (Desirable)
What we can offer you as our Product Manager (CRM):
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Gilwell park minibus service
Closing date: Thursday 6 May 2021, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies