We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Delivery and Extension Officer – North East (NCS Project) to join our team on a full time, fixed term contract until September 2020. This is a homebased role around the Newcastle area and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of £28,188 per annum plus excellent benefits. Although this job is fixed term, we do offer all our employees great learning and development at Scouts and support fixed term contactors in trying to secure further job opportunities during their time working with us.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Programme Delivery and Extension Officer – North East (NCS Project) role:
You will be part of a delivery team responsible for delivering the NCS Programme and NCS Extension offers, testing both through Proof of Concept trials starting in autumn 2019, then running large scale pilots during 2020. As part of the delivery team you will also contribute to the recruitment, training and management of seasonal staff who will be required for the NCS Programme delivery.
What will you be doing as a Programme Delivery and Extension Officer – North East (NCS Project)?
- Develop the detailed curriculum for the NCS Programme offer, ensuring that it has the key elements required by the NCS Trust guidance (Adventure, Discovery and Social Action and Flagship Experiences) meets the NCS Quality Framework criteria while providing the innovation approved in the discovery phase of this project.
- Deliver a Proof of Concept provision in Q1 2020 (jointly with the two other Programme Delivery and Extension Officers) and be responsible for one of three full-scale pilots each for c230 young people in Summer 2020.
- Plan and support the delivery of the NCS Programme including working with the residential accommodation/ activity provider, third party suppliers, volunteer supporters and managing travel arrangements for young people.
- Develop and implement recruitment approaches to be tested and evaluated; work with local scouting volunteers to test ‘Keep Warm’ methodologies and to develop local Social Action plans.
- Work with internal HR partners to recruit and train seasonal staff.
What we can offer you as our Programme Delivery and Extension Officer – North East (NCS Project):
- 25 days holiday per annum pro-rata + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
What we are looking for in our Programme Delivery and Extension Officer – North East (NCS Project):
- Ability to develop and thrive in a high performing team
- Able to deal with ambiguity and to flourish in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Confident in thinking about change and as a result can move skillfully between exploration of issues and taking decisive action while knowing when to seek advice
- Ability to co-create and implement effective plans to achieve agreed organisational objectives
- Good and demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills
- Good and demonstrable ability to develop and sustain productive stakeholder relationships
- Experience of programme and/or curriculum design and innovation aligned to organisational goals and funder requirements at a regional or national level
- Experience of successfully managing the delivery of programmes to young people (aged 16 – 24)
- A strong sense of accountability and empowerment, in a values based culture
- Commitment to young people; understanding of their needs and a passion for supporting them to be their best
- Hold a full driving licence
- Live in a geographical location to enable effective management of pilots and engagement with suppliers, volunteers and young people
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Programme Delivery and Extension Officer – North East (NCS Project).
Term: Fixed Term until September 2020
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,188 per annum
Closing date: 23.59 on Sunday 20th October 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies