We have an exciting opportunity for a Resolutions Manager to join our team based at Gilwell Park, Chingford, London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of £43,064 per annum plus excellent benefits.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Resolutions Manager role:
You will support and provide advice to volunteer (national and local) and staff colleagues, undertaking necessary actions and activities through direct intervention where necessary, to satisfactorily resolve complaints and complex issues in line with the organisation’s agreed policies and procedures.
The role will contribute to proactively de-escalating and avoiding, where possible, challenges and complexities arising from complaints and complex issues through direct intervention and promoting the knowledge, skills and confidence of volunteer (national and local) and staff colleagues to satisfactorily bring matters to a resolution.
What will you be doing as a Resolutions Manager?
- Risk assess complaints and complex issues (working in partnership with the Governance department).
- Where appropriate, directly take the lead on problem solving the complex complaint/issue, working closely with volunteer and staff colleagues investigating the complaint/issue and co-ordinate advice from the Governance and Legal departments.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to volunteer and staff colleagues who are managing complaints/issues, including, but not limited to, providing expert advice on discrimination, equal opportunities, General Data Protection Regulations.
- Provide regular updates to senior volunteer and staff line managers on the insights/learning from the emerging trends of complaints and complex issues.
- Develop guidance, resources and training on the complaints policy and procedures for volunteer and staff colleagues, especially in managing complex cases.
What we can offer you as our Resolutions Manager:
- 25 days holiday per annum pro rata + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- London weighting + competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Lunch
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Minibus Service (Gilwell Park)
What we are looking for in our Resolutions Manager:
This is an exciting, new role for an individual who likes to problem solve, is pragmatic, resilient, and has an ability to work on their own initiative and to take decisions.
We are looking for someone who understands a charity structure, i.e. volunteers.
You will have high emotional intelligence with the ability to coach others, whilst maintaining a clear focus on the adherence to the organisation’s agreed policies and procedures for complaint and complex issue resolution.
You will also have:
- Experience in managing and commissioning learning reviews/inquiries on complex cases
- Experience of risk assessing complaints
- Experience and/or good knowledge of relevant legislation especially but not limited to discrimination, equal opportunities, General Data Protection Regulations
- Experience of gathering insights from trends and develop meaningful recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience of a thematic approach to learning from complaints and disputes with the ability to propose solutions to reduce further complaints
- A strong grasp of monitoring, reporting and governance activity required in national organisations
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Resolutions Manager.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £43,064 per annum
Closing date: 23.59 on Monday 4 November 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies