Safeguarding Support Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safeguarding Support Officer to join our amazing team.
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London (with hybrid working)
Salary: £28,678 per annum Band D, Level 3 (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Term: Fixed term for 12 months
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
About the Safeguarding Support Officer??????? Role:
As part of the Safeguarding Team, you would be responsible for receiving safeguarding enquiries and referrals, recording these with accuracy and clarity in a timely fashion, to enable the team to safeguard young people in Scouting.
You would have excellent customer service skills in order to respond to enquiries and would process a range of vetting tasks with accuracy and speed. You would need to be quick to learn new systems and procedures; and be able to complete a range of tasks against deadlines within a fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities as our Safeguarding Support Officer:
- Provide significant administrative support to the Safeguarding and Vetting team.
- Respond positively and effectively to routine queries received by the Safeguarding and Vetting team [by phone, letter or email].
- Ensure that the Safeguarding and Vetting Officers are supported in the management of their casework i.e. updating case files, liaising with appropriate staff, volunteers and statutory agencies.
- Responsibility for first incident calls referring to the Duty Officers as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a Safeguarding and Vetting casework database and records system ensuring cases are tracked for the Safeguarding Officer to ensure that they are able to manage their caseload in a timely manner.
- Undertaking research, training and collating of statistical information for management reports as required.
- Planning and preparation for meetings, diary management collation of papers and agendas
- Provide support and guidance to Association and their volunteers regarding criminal convictions and the rehabilitation of offenders act. Establish and maintain a vetting casework database and records.
- Establish and maintain vetting compliance monitoring arrangements across the UK, supporting Commissioners in the suspension / exclusion of adults and ensuring the suitability of adult members that work with youth members.
- Responsibility for countersigning Disclosure & Barring/Protection of Vulnerable Groups and Access Northern Ireland disclosure applications on behalf of The Scout Association and ensuring that they meet the criteria set out by each disclosure authority.
As our Safeguarding Support Officer in return, we offer you:
- Work in a way that suits you, your role and your department
- Be proud to say you’re part of a team with Investors in People (Gold)
- Plenty of opportunity for learning and development
- 28 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays rising to 32 days after two years
- Four extra days to look after your family when they need you
- Three extra days over Christmas
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing date for applications: 11:59pm Sunday 3rd December 2023
Interviews will be held in-person at Gilwell Park on Wednesday 13th December 2023
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.