We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Funding Officer to join our team based at Gilwell Park, Chingford, London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354 per annum plus excellent benefits.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Strategic Funding Officer role:
The purpose of this role is to secure external funding that aligns with Scoutings strategic objectives. Working closely with Scouting colleagues the Strategic Funding Officer will work within a small team to:
- Identify and cultivate potential funding
- Produce successful bids and applications,
- Manage partner relationships and maximise a warm portfolio of donors including several large multi-year funders, seeking to extend their support wherever possible.
- Write reports, evaluate impact and share learning across the organisation.
What will you be doing as a Strategic Funding Officer?
- Work with the Strategic Funding Manager and colleagues to identify projects for funding
- Proactively identify, research and prioritise new trusts that are strong funding prospects for The Scouts
- Develop appropriate and compelling cases for support
- Where opportunities are identified, prepare high quality, compelling and tailored applications for external funding aligned to our strategic objectives.
- Work with colleagues in other departments to obtain necessary programmatic and budget information
- Develop and manage current small – medium sized trust relationships
- Deliver events, meetings and assets that provide high quality engagements and profile for existing funders and decision makers (meetings, visits, media/sector profiling opportunities).
What we can offer you as our Strategic Funding Officer:
- What we can offer you as our Strategic Funding Officer:
- 25 days holiday per annum pro rata + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- London weighting + competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Subsidised Lunch
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Minibus Service (Gilwell Park)
What we are looking for in our Strategic Funding Officer:
- Experience of securing restricted funding from trusts, statutory or commercial sources
- Experience of cultivating and managing a portfolio of trusts and foundations
- Experience of working in a target led environment with a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Experience of producing powerful and compelling fundraising proposals and reports
- Experience of working with partners across charitable, private or public sectors.
- An understanding of programme delivery (including analysis and diagnosis, design, planning, execution and evaluation) with clear potential in a fundraising function.
- A high level of knowledge, or ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge, in sectors key to The Scout Associations strategic objectives, namely parliamentarians and governmental bodies, third and youth sector organisations and potential funders.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Strategic Funding Officer.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,354 per annum
Closing date: Friday 25 October 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies