We have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Journey Executive (Collaboration) to join our team in Gilwell Park, London. You will join us on a full-time, fixed term basis of 2 years, and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting.
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Volunteer Journey Executive (Collaboration) Role:
As our Volunteer Journey Executive (Collaboration you will focus primarily on the recruitment and joining part of the volunteer journey, as part of a collaboration project with Girlguiding and funded by Pears Foundation.
What will you be doing in the Volunteer Journey Executive (Collaboration) role?
- Working as part of the Pears Volunteer Recruitment and Joining Product Team, lead and develop the processes, systems, resources, and training materials to support work on this part of the volunteer journey
- Organise and support user engagement including information collection, design co-creation and testing and piloting with our volunteer network, community of interest and new potential volunteers
- Working closely with the wider Volunteer Journey team to ensure that the journey is joined up, feeding into other relevant aspects of the journey and communicating learning and dependencies
- Liaise with staff teams, across the organisations in particular Communications, Digital Transformation and Safeguarding to support and deliver the project
- Work closely with staff and volunteer colleagues to manage the transition of new products/processes/systems as they become live and support their role out
- Act autonomously to deliver on stretching objectives related to The Volunteer Journey design and development and maintain a complete understanding of the organisation’s strategy and theory of change
- Work with partners from the voluntary sector and use best practise to influence the process design for the volunteer journey.
What we are looking for in our Volunteer Journey Executive (Collaboration):
- Experience of developing volunteering processes and support resources for volunteers or for a similar organisation. In particular: design of volunteer roles or offers, attraction, induction, and training/support resources/solutions for volunteers and volunteer managers ensuring user needs are at the heart of the design
- Knowledge and understanding of current volunteering trends, challenges and solutions
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of activities related to the Volunteer Journey, demonstrating innovative thinking and the creation of new solutions
- Experience of process development and measurement including undertaking user research and using data and insights to inform decision making
- Experience of working with volunteers or a volunteering organisation
- Experience of leading and delivering complex change projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of matrix management and collaborating across teams and organiations
- Experience of volunteering development with the ability to co-create simple but effective processes and resources to support the recruitment and joining of volunteers. A collaborator who can work across organisations with both staff and volunteer teams to achieve goals and get things done effectively
- Ability to co-create and implement effective plans and develop practical solutions to achieve agreed objectives and to help make clear, informed and timely decisions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating with others, ideally in a volunteering organisation environment
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and deliver a diverse workload , whilst ensuring effective prioritisation and balancing of the needs of a range of stakeholders
What we can offer you as our Volunteer Journey Executive (Collaboration):
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Gilwell park minibus service
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May 2021, 23:00
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 25th May 2021
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies