We have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Journey Executive to join our team in Gilwell Park, London. You will join us on a full-time, fixed term basis of 2 years, and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting.
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Volunteer Journey Executive Role:
As our Volunteer Journey Executive you will assist the Volunteering Transformation Manager in partnership with volunteer and staff colleagues to design and develop processes and support resources to transform the journey. This will help us recruit more volunteers and provide a quality and positive volunteer experience to enable us to provide even more young people with skills for life.
What will you be doing in the Volunteer Journey Executive role?
- Working with the staff and volunteer teams, lead and develop the processes, resources, and training materials to support the delivery of the People programme of work
- In partnership with the project teams, lead on the creation and delivery of new processes, systems and resources to achieve the programme deliverables to attract, recruit, train and retain volunteers
- Organise and support user engagement including information collection, design co-creation and testing and piloting methods with our volunteer network, community of interest potential volunteers
- Liaise with staff teams, across the organisation in particular Communications, Digital Transformation and Safeguarding to support and deliver the work streams effectively to local Scouting and in coordination with other transformation projects
- Work closely with staff and volunteer colleagues to manage the transition of any new products/processes/systems as they become live, and support their role out
- Working closely with the wider Volunteer Journey team to ensure that the journey is joined up, feeding into other relevant aspects of the journey and communicating learning and dependencies
- Act autonomously to deliver on stretching objectives related to the volunteer journey design and development, and maintain a complete understanding of the organisation’s strategy and theory of change
What we are looking for in our Volunteer Journey Executive:
- Experience of developing volunteering processes and support resources for volunteers or for a similar organisation. In particular: design of volunteer roles or offers, attraction, induction, and training/support resources/solutions for volunteers and volunteer managers
- Knowledge and understanding of current volunteering trends, challenges and solutions
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of activities related to the Volunteer Journey, demonstrating innovative thinking and the creation of new solutions
- Experience of process development and measurement including undertaking user research
- Understanding of learning and development programmes for volunteers
- Experience of working with volunteers or a volunteering organisation
- Experience of leading and delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of volunteering development with the ability to co-create simple but effective processes and resources to attract, train and retain adult volunteers. A collaborator who can work across an organisation with both staff and volunteer teams to achieve goals and get things done effectively
- Ability to co-create and implement effective plans and develop practical solutions to achieve agreed objectives and to help make clear, informed and timely decisions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating with others, ideally in a volunteering organisation environment
What we can offer you as our Volunteer Journey Executive:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Gilwell park minibus service
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May 2021, 23:00
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 25th May 2021
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies