Part-time: 10 hours p/week with flexibility on when hours are worked
Salary: £32k p/annum (pro rata)
Interviews held: Friday 13th December 2019
How to apply: Please send us a CV and Cover Letter addressing the points in the Person Specification in the attached Job Description & Person Specification as a point of reference
The Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy (SIP) is a registered charity (1079390) founded in May 1985 by a group of psychoanalytic psychotherapists. Our main objectives are to provide and assist in the provision of psychotherapeutic (and related support services) to members of the public and to promote and develop psychoanalytic and psychodynamic psychotherapy in the South West through our training courses.
About the role:
SIP is looking for a part-time Finance Manager & Company Secretary to join their small team to ensure the financial aspects of SIP run smoothly and for innovations that enhance these facets of the organisation whilst in pursuance of SIP’s charitable objectives.
As a management-level position, the financial aspect of the role would involve overseeing bookkeeping, managing financial planning and budget preparation, identifying financial/operational opportunities and working with SIP’s accountants whilst the secretarial side of the role would involve attending and minuting Trustee meetings, overseeing the preparation for SIP’s Annual General Meeting, and providing general administrative support to Trustees in line with the requirements of the Charity Commission and Companies House.
It is essential that you:
- Are familiar with financial requirements of both the Charity Commission and Companies House
- Have sound Financial management skills (i.e. assembling budgets, production of management accounts, advising on financial implications of business decisions).
- Are an experienced bookkeeper
- Have excellent computer skills (including Word and Excel, and QuickBooks, Sage or equivalent).
- Possess good communication skills
- Are comfortable working as part of a team
- Are organised and systematic
- Have the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Empathy with objectives of SIP
It would be advantageous (but not essential) that you:
- Have previous experience using Quickbooks accounting software
- Have worked within a small charity setting
- Have an understanding of psychotherapy work and terminology
- Have PAYE and Gift Aid experience
- Are a quick learner
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.