About our organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market, and we protect forests. We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
About the opportunity
This is an opportunity to use your accounting and finance skills to make a difference. You will work as part of a busy Group Finance Team, supporting the decision-makers in the Charity by providing them with accurate, timely and useful information. The main focus of your role will be on producing the monthly Charity and Group Management Accounts as well as other regular and ad hoc reports. You will also play a key role in the annual budgeting and reforecast processes and work with the Group Financial Controller to create the Group’s Annual Report and Accounts.
• Qualified accountant or qualified by experience with excellent all-around accounting knowledge.
• Experience in month-end and year-end processes, including production of monthly Management Accounts and annual accounts.
• Good attention to detail and a focus on accuracy.
• Highly organised and able to prioritise to ensure you hit deadlines.
• A strong communicator who enjoys building relationships and working alongside non-Finance colleagues.
• A team player with a positive, flexible attitude.
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution
Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
Family friendly policies and flexible working
Cycle to work scheme
Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
37.5 hours per week
Bristol/Hybrid - 2 days office based per week
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.