Are you passionate about supporting survivors of trafficking into hope-filled futures? Do you have leadership and charity management experience which will enable you to drive forward our Day 46 confidence and employability service for survivors of trafficking? Then you may be our new Day 46 Programme Manager!
ABOUT THE SOPHIE HAYES FOUNDATION
The Sophie Hayes Foundations was created in 2011 by Sophie Hayes a survivor of trafficking, and the author of "Trafficked’.Our purpose is Empowering Survivors of Trafficking to Build Hope-Filled Futures & Pathways to Independence, through our Day 46 Programme, Research, Advocacy & Awareness.
Role start date: January 2019
Reporting to: CEO
Direct Reports: 2
This is a unique role funded by the Big Lottery at a pivotal time for the Sophie Hayes Foundation. This role will deliver and further develop our Day 46 employability service across London, and the South.
MORE ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Day 46 London and South Programme Manager will: develop and maintain the growth of the Day 46 Programme as it expands, ensuring its success and sustainability for the future. Build team capabilities and resource, driving effective ways of working, developing strategies and enabling activities to deliver our outcomes. Blend routine and the strategic – you will need to be adept at dealing with the day to day operations of the programme, training and equipping facilitators and ensuring facilitators are managed whilst forming long term strategic partnerships, completing evaluations, building innovative methods to expand what we do and planning for the future.
BEHAVIOURS. VALUES. EXPERIENCE
- Leadership: Able to set vision and inspire others to bring them with you.
- Strategic thinking: Can look ahead, spot and mitigate challenges and leverage opportunities.
- Programme Management: Manage complex projects and programmes effectively and efficiently.
- Autonomy: Self-leadership and personal initiative
- Organised: Able to process details, create structure and follow process.
- A coaching mentality: Focused on developing self and others, self-aware, open to learning, giving and receiving feedback. Lives the Sophie Hayes values and culture.
- Responsibility: You do what you say you will do and take accountability.
- Collaborative: You work well with others, form partnerships and can balance challenge with support
- Flexible: and able to support where needed.
- Respect for individuals regardless of their race, gender, culture, religion, disability, sexual orientation and marital status
- Reliable and responsible
- Confident: willing to take ownership of activities
- Self-aware and receptive to feedback
- Charity Management: Experience of operational programme or project management in a charity context.
- Teaching, coaching or training: Experienced in teaching others and bringing out the best in those around you. Confident in presenting to others and people leadership, with experience of building strong teams.
- Forming partnerships: Experience in building alignment with partners over a shared agenda. Experience in influencing others for a common goal and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Budget management: Experienced in managing budgets
- Volunteer recruitment and management: Building initiatives integarating diverse volunteering opportunities
- Fundraising: Experience in applying and securing grants, statutory funding and public fundraising
Manage Day 46 Programme Services
- You will manage and develop the Day 46 Programme across London and the South, building partnerships with other NGO’s and referral partners, resourcing, equipping and training facilitators and co-ordinating programmes
- Manage the budget and ensure we use our grant funding in the most efficient way.
- Manage all KPI’s, supporting in the write up of funding reports and ensuring correct reporting of programme outputs and outcomes.
- You will ensure we continuously improve our programme through learning from feedback.
- You will be responsible for resourcing, inducting and ensuring our Day 46 Facilitators continue to grow in skills, confidence and capability to deliver a high- quality service.
- You will ensure our facilitation volunteers are engaged, motivated and ‘have a voice’ to influence and shape our programme design.
Partnerships and Locations
- You will form and deepen partnerships across London with NGO’s, businesses and other partners who can enhance our impact and sustainably expand our reach.
- You will set up new South based programmes by: identifying the right referral locations and partners, sourcing, inducting and managing facilitators
- Ensure sustainability and longevity of the Day 46 service
- You will be responsible for finding funding to ensure the long-term sustainability of our Day 46 Programme – this includes the infrastructure for programmes (e.g. travel and materials cost) alongside further funding that may expand the programme.
- You will work with the CEO to plan funding strategies and approaches for the wider development of the Day 46 Programme and service.
- Build corporate partnerships in partnership with the Day 46 Programme Employability Support Officer and Community Outreach Coordinator, you will build relationships and source long term, broad impacting relationships with businesses and training institutions.
Help lead the Sophie Hayes Foundation
- You will be an active member of the Sophie Hayes Foundation core team, including support in formation of strategic vision, goals and activities, running team meetings, driving the culture, supporting the Charity Lead on other projects and working with trustees as required.
INTERVIEWS : 11.12.18 London
Please note: We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
However, this post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.