Do you want to join a small, dynamic and dedicated team seeking to level the playing field of opportunity and boost social mobility across the country?
We are seeking a dynamic Programme Manager who is passionate about addressing educational disadvantage and ensuring every child gets a fair shot at achieving their best.
The Talent Foundry is an independent education charity offering a range of fully funded opportunities to schools and colleges across the United Kingdom. Each year we work with around 80,000 young people. Our mission is to increase social mobility by helping young people from disadvantaged backgrounds discover what they are amazing at, develop valuable new employment skills and take that first step into the world of work.
We are an agile, fast-moving team, and you’ll enjoy autonomy in your role, as well as the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience of both the education sector and the corporate world.
Working closely with a tight-knit core team, as well as a range of corporate partners, you will have the opportunity to help shape the programmes that we offer to the schools in our network, making a real difference to disadvantaged young people across the country.
Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable applicant is identified.
Main purpose of the job:
- To oversee social mobility programmes designed by TTF and corporate partners run in the most efficient manner and have maximum impact for deprived students.
- Manage TTF programmes from start-to-finish, including designing and managing budgets, school recruitment, commissioning facilitators, ongoing monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Specific Responsibilities relating to the role:
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders, including corporate partners, local authorities (where applicable), schools, facilitators, students, and volunteers.
- Ensure that programmes run by TTF are successfully implemented and evaluated and that they achieve the stated aims and objectives within budget
- To work with senior management to develop new programmes and identify new corporate partners.
- To direct/manage the work of junior team members as necessary.
- Set up and implement effective schemes of evaluation both pre and post the programme.
- Assist with the recruitment of new facilitators and organise and attend training for anyone connected with the programme or TTF as required.
- Act as an ambassador for both the programme and TTF in interactions with all external parties and respond to queries in a timely, polite and effective manner.
We are currently working from home due to the current circumstances, and are planning on a partial return to the office as soon as government guidelines allow.
TTF is committed to embedding Equality and Diversity across all its work and believes that a diverse range of perspectives at all levels is essential for our legitimacy and effectiveness. We therefore strongly encourage applications from suitably experienced applicants from all walks of life who will continue to strengthen the diversity of our team. We would particularly welcome applications from ethnic minority candidates as they are under represented on our team at the present time.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Talent Foundry Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, they must report this in line with the Safeguarding policy.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.