An important and high profile health charity based in London. The Charity is about to go through a period of change as it comes out of the first year of the pandemic. The team will begin to transition back into a new office space later this year and the Charity rolls out its new strategy. At a time when good communication is more important than ever, they are looking for an experienced, forward thinking Head of Communications who can lead this key strategic function for a 6 month period.
- Manage a team of 10 across press, celebrity liaison, stories, internal and external communications.
- Lead and develop the communications function for the charity, maintaining a strong strategic approach whilst managing a professional team who can work expertly across a range of communications aspects, with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership in internal communications and working with the Internal Communications Manager to roll out an effective and engaging Internal Communications strategy at a time of change.
- Lead on the charity’s crisis communication and manage the business planning of the charity’s communications function, to ensure it delivers to the wider strategy, ensuring innovation, efficiency and value for money.
- Ensure the work of the charity’s communications function is integrated and aligned with the work of the wider brand, marketing and digital teams.
- Lead the team to develop and deliver exciting, high profile, national PR plans for the charity.
- Work with communications colleagues to develop key messages for all activity, helping to position the charity as a leading national organisation.
- Develop and implement the most effective measuring and evaluation tools and ensure that all media work is properly planned and evaluated.
- To work with colleagues in the digital team to continue to innovate in the digital media space, advancing our digital media coverage and engaging with our stakeholders through social media.
- To act as a spokesperson for the charity where necessary.
- Experienced communications and PR professional with proven abilities to deliver high profile campaigns
- Strategic experience managing crisis communications
- A collaborative approach to working with excellent leadership skills
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to engage a wide range stakeholders
- Experience working with senior leadership teams
- Ability to deliver a strategy for internal communications within an organisation
- History of delivering high value fundraising PR campaigns
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and a complex workload, working to tight deadlines
- A communications innovator, with a natural inclination to challenge standard ways of working to ensure constant development within communications
- Experience within the digital media space
What's on offer:
This role is initially for 6 months on a daily rate of £400 - £500 a day.
Please apply now for immediate consideration as interviews are happening on a rolling basis.