The Talent Set is delighted to be partnering with an Educational research organisation to recruit a Communications Officer. This full-mix role will work across all aspects of communications including internal, external, digital engagement, and have a large focus on press.
This role would suit someone with strong experience creating press releases, managing journalists and creating written content across digital and internal platforms.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To develop accessible and engaging content to the organisations key target audiences
- Implement digital campaigns and draft social media posts to help grow engagement across their digital channels
- Update and edit the weekly newsletter
- Support the Communications Manager with handling media enquiries, drafting responses
- Assist with key projects targeted to internal and external audiences and deliver effective campaigns in line with the organisations key objectives
- Regularly manage the content calendar, helping to source for a range of content for internal and external channels
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Creating press releases and managing journalists on a regular basis
- Full mix communications experience, with both internal and external communications
- Worked within an education, research or not for profit environment
- Experience developing content for a range of social channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Email
- Excellent written skills and proven experience of providing high quality copy and content
- Ability to turn complex technical language into accessible and user-friendly audience specific content
This is a full-time, permanent role paying £30,000-£34,000. This role will be hybrid, working from home and in the office based in Slough (1-2 days/month).
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.