The Talent Set are excited to be working with The National Lottery Community Fund to find them a content (written) specialist to join the team.
The National Lottery Community Fund is the largest funder of community activity in the UK – we support people and communities to prosper and thrive.
This role will be working from home until September at which point a hybrid policy will come into effect, 1-2 days per week in any of our UK offices.
We are looking for an experienced writer/editor (known in The National Lottery Community Fund as a Knowledge and Learning Officer) to join our friendly and ambitious team. You’ll have the skills and experience to research, write and edit engaging and accessible copy, that combines data, evidence and stories that show the impact and contribution of our funding.
- Produce a wide variety of material, including in-depth reports, case studies, features and web content that show how charities and community groups make a difference and what they’ve learned.
- Focus on a diverse range of subjects that matter to communities across the UK, so will need to be a fast learner, with the confidence to credibly write about issues that may be new to you.
- Be comfortable at seeking out different kinds of evidence, analysing information and synthesising it into a coherent whole.
- Work closely with colleagues on design, social media and distribution of the end product, and will be comfortable presenting your findings to a range of different audiences.
- A track record in producing evidence-informed, engaging, and accessible content. You should be able to convey findings in an impartial, but compelling and jargon free written style. You’ll have the confidence and skills to edit and improve content written by others.
- We’ll expect you to have meticulous attention to detail and impeccable grammar and spelling.
- You’ll have a commitment to quality – someone who cares about the work and is ready to revise and rethink to make it as good as it can be. You are curious and always looking for ways to find out more.
- Through background research and analysis, you can identify essential content from large volumes of information, identifying key points and themes, and drawing conclusions from across a range of data sources.
Please apply today so as not to miss out!
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third-party CVs submitted to The National Lottery Fund will be redirected to The Talent Set for review.