We are looking for an excellent and dedicated Strategic Communications Manager to help a wonderful charity client of ours for a period of 9-12 month.
Some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Helping drive and deliver strategic communications to help engage with the relevant audiences, stakeholders, and the media to help promote the exciting work the charity does.
- Providing strategic advice to relevant teams on how communications can help deliver their organisation strategy and advising on the relevant channels/tactics in order to do this.
- Delivering audience driven communications and ensuring that opportunities are capitalised on to raise the profile of the work of the charity.
- Helping oversee the relationships with key partners and engage clearly and regularly with them where required.
- Line manage two members of staff (Communications Officers) and help support with their development ensuring they perform well and in line with objectives.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Full mix communications experience across marketing, communications, media relations, stakeholder engagement and digital
- Worked within a charity/NFP or public sector environment
- Working closely with and advising senior colleagues on complex and strategic communications issues.
- Solid experience in media relations helping with strategies and campaigns alongside looking after any reputational crisis communications.
This is a 9- 12-month contract starting mid-October/November time paying £40,000 (pro rata).
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.