The Talent Set are working with The Royal Marsden to recruit their new Senior Digital Officer (Trust).
The Royal Marsden offers a flexible work environment with an expectation of being in their London office 3 days a week.
The Royal Marsden is a world-leading specialist cancer centre, treating and seeing over 55,000 NHS and private patients every year. It is a centre of excellence with an international reputation for ground-breaking research and the only NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for cancer. It pioneers the very latest in cancer treatments and technologies, as well as specialising in cancer diagnosis and education.
The Senior Digital Officer works across our portfolio of websites (The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, The Royal Marsden Private Care, The Royal Marsden School, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre), RM Matters, and our social media channels, producing and maintaining content and managing the user experience through iterative improvement.
- Content creation: ensuring that all digital content - including that produced in partnership with teams around the Trust - delivers a first-class user experience for our audiences. This includes writing content for Trust websites, understanding and applying principles of user-centred design, effective content strategy and email marketing best practices.
- Content performance analysis: regularly reviewing content, producing regular reports on its performance and making recommendations for improvement. This requires familiarity in using data tools, such as Google Analytics, and expertise in analysing data to spot trends and glean insights.
- Growing the reach of our content: using digital techniques to ensure we maximise the exposure and impact of our content. This requires an understanding of content marketing principles, as well as familiarity with a range of digital marketing channels.
- Embedding digital best practices: leading by example and helping teams around the organisation to understand the role of the Digital Team, to ensure that digital best practices are understood and applied in their own work, and to be able to use tools and software as appropriate. This involves creating guidelines, running training sessions, and presenting at team and department meetings.
- Effective communication: Communicating with stakeholders and colleagues of all levels, adapting your communication style to different situations, being able to negotiate and influence where appropriate.
- Reporting: preparing two-weekly GA reports for the Trust and Private Care, monthly Private Care KPI’s report and any other reporting that might be of use to marketing and communications colleagues or external stakeholders when requested.
- Day-to-day management of our websites and related social media channels; this includes understanding and applying editorial, style and brand guidelines and familiarity with various content management systems.
To do this the right candidate will have:
- Significant professional content creation experience (writing, copy-editing, proofreading)
- Significant professional digital publishing experience (using content-management systems)
- Developing social media communities and posting on popular social media channels e.g., Twitter and Facebook
To be considered for this position please apply with your CV as soon as possible, regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note we are working with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity exclusively for this recruitment, any third party CVs submitted will be redirected to The Talent Set for review. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.