The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity raises money solely to support The Royal Marsden, a world-leading cancer centre. They ensure their nurses, doctors and research teams can provide the very best care and develop life-saving treatments, which are used across the UK and around the world.
From funding state-of-the-art equipment and ground-breaking research, to creating the very best patient environments, they will never stop looking for ways to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.
They are seeking an Interim Senior Marketing Officer to join their ambitious, well-respected team for an initial 3 month contract (with potential to extend/become permanent). They are looking to bring someone on board ASAP so please apply now for immediate consideration!
- Support the Charity Senior Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing in driving a culture of best in class marketing.
- Communicate charity brand principles to both internal and external audiences appropriately, keeping it at the heart of all marketing initiatives.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to identify new ways to build awareness of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and take an active role in measuring awareness within the hospitals, locally in communities around Chelsea and Sutton, and nationally via the YouGov Charity Index and engagement with preferred research agencies.
- Work with the Charity Senior Marketing Manager to establish clear objectives/KPIs for marketing activity upfront and ensure these are delivered against each brief.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities as agreed with the Charity Senior Marketing Manager to timescale and budget.
- Manage allocated projects, ensuring marketing deliverables and milestones are met. This includes defining the brief and agreeing this with the key Charity stakeholder, defining timings and budgets and gathering quotes. Ensuring work is delivered on time and to budget.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with our external suppliers, such as printers, freelancers, photographers, and creative agencies on allocated projects.
- Support the Charity Senior Marketing Manager with the delivery of digital marketing activity across the Charity, leading on some discrete activity, managing the appointed digital agency and ensuring briefs are delivered to the agency on time and digital activity KPI’s are clear and measured, with feedback given to key stakeholders accordingly.
- Manage or support (subject to brief) the creative development process across multiple channels, ensuring clear feedback is given to agencies and/or internal teams in a timely manner.
- Produce content and marketing collateral which supports Charity objectives.
- Marketing experience within the not for profit sectors
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of discrete marketing programmes and campaigns – from initial brief to implementation and review and in particular strong experience in direct marketing and marketing of mass participation events
- Experience in all elements of the marketing mix – across multiple channels (both online and offline) as a practical and academic discipline
- Experience of cross matrix working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Experience of managing creative work (specifically making sure it is delivered to brand)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written including brief writing, copywriting and presentations
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage many different marketing projects simultaneously and manage priorities accordingly
- Effectively establish and report against KPIs which measure success, impact and effectiveness
- Positive attitude with a flexible and agile approach to work
What's on offer:
This role is offering a day rate of £140 - £150 per day PAYE for this initial 3 month contract. The role will be hybrid, with 2 days in their Chelsea or Sutton offices. There is a potential for this role to become permanent.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make adjustments to always ensure a fair process.