This is a fantastic health charity that provides research and care. They are looking for someone to join their team on a 12-month contract as a Senior Press and PR Officer.
This role provides critical support in helping the charity to significantly build their profile through PR and media relations.
From working closely with leading scientists to share discoveries, to supporting people affected tell their stories, and from responding to breaking news at pace to bringing the human impact of their research to life through creative PR ideas.
- To lead on developing, delivering and evaluating proactive and integrated media and PR plans.
- To lead on identifying and drafting responses to seize reactive media opportunities, liaising with colleagues to deliver accurate, impactful messaging, and at pace to meet tight journalist deadlines.
- Working with the Case Studies Lead, source, pitch and place case study stories in the media to demonstrate the need for and impact of their work
- To ensure the charity’s voice, tone and key messages are applied consistently across content.
- Experience in developing and delivering impactful PR campaigns
- An excellent communicator, you’ll build trusted relationships with colleagues, journalists, scientists, external partners
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, you’ll be adept at juggling priorities and thrive in a fast-paced press office, where you’ll be well supported by their experienced and friendly team.
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating media relations strategies and plans, with a proven track record of success.
- Experience of working with ‘case studies’ for media activity, approaching this work sensitively.
What's on offer:
This a full-time role offering a salary of £34,500-£37,500. The role is a hybrid role with 2 days an office in the charity’s central London location.
Please apply today so as not to miss out!
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.