The Senior Membership Coordinator is a business development / account role with the key objectives to recruit new and retain existing members. The Institute has both Individual and Corporate Members and can range from students to CEO's around the world and from all disciplines in textiles, clothing and footwear across the supply chain.
The key role of the Senior Membershp Coordinator is to represent the Institute to external audiences, in particular the regions, companies, colleges and universities informing them of the benefits and value of membership. To engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure membership development and growth is at the forefront of the Institution’s activities.
The Senior Membership Coordinator will be integral in assisting developing and delivering the teams annual programme of membership briefing/workshop sessions (presentations via PowerPoint) in the UK and around the world when needed or to support local geographic sections to do this.
Strong IT skills are essential for this role and the succesful candidate will be using all Microsoft Office packages (Access, Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Word Press and all Social Media platforms on a diaily basis.
Other key functions will be to identify opportunities for upgrading existing and new members into other grades of membership, systematically and regularly following up, engaging with and converting leads into membership via phone campaigns and email.
The Senior Membership Coordinator will be responsible for the administration of the department.
- To promote all of the benefits of membership (both Individual and Corproate)
- Promote professional qualifications to existing members who may be eligible to upgrade.
- Visit colleges and universities, promoting student membership as well as corporate grades.
- Maintain and develop overall team relationships with colleges and universities with the intention to establish key contacts and generate leads into entry and corporate grades of membership.
- Proactively seek opportunities to promote, recruit new members through contact with key employers in the industry, and conduct company presentations.
- Generate leads from existing employer relationships and convert them into membership
- Recruit new members and identify further recruitment opportunities through attendance of relevant events, exhibitions, Sections, Special Interest Groups and regional meetings and training events.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention campaigns promoting the benefits of membership particularly focusing on regional campaigns.
- Develop and provide clear, consistent messages and guidance information on the benefits and routes to membership to disseminate through a variety of mediums and events such the website, briefing events and exhibitions as well as universities/colleges and through social media platforms.
- Update and maintain the membership pages of the website and regularly contribute to the Institutes magazine textiles and e-news promoting regional membership activities.
- Record all activity on the CRM database including inputting potential members’ information. Selecting members who are likely to upgrade and monitor existing member data for follow up actions and to produce statistics and progress reports on membership growth and retention.
- Record and monitor the results of recruitment and retention activities to provide progress against targets.
- Promote the routes to professional registration to existing non-registrants and non-members.
The role is full time based in the Manchester office, although there will be frequent travel both nationally and internationally.
A minimum of two years in a similar role is essential.
Only applications enclosing a covering letter will be considered for this post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.