The Thalidomide Trust is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our small friendly and busy Finance Team – working around 15 hours per week over 4 or 5 days (work pattern to be agreed with the successful applicant).
Equally comfortable working behind a computer or talking to individual beneficiaries by phone, you will:
- Have experience of working in a busy finance role.
- Have good administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to quickly establish positive relationships with our beneficiaries.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other database packages and experience of using accounting software.
- Be a team-player with a flexible approach to work and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take responsibility within agreed parameters.
- Be sensitive, empathetic and non-judgemental.
The job description and person specification for this position are available below (Under Additional Documents).
Applications are via our online form - please choose "Apply on Website" for a link to the application form.
About the Thalidomide Trust
The Thalidomide Trust, a registered charity, was set up in 1973 to provide support to individuals born in the UK with disabilities caused by their mother taking the drug Thalidomide during pregnancy in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. We do this through the provision of financial grants and a wide range of services and support.
The Trust currently supports 454 beneficiaries, aged between 57 and 61, with a range of physical disabilities including absence or shortening of limbs; damaged ears, hearing and eyesight; brain and sensory impairment and extensive damage to the internal organs and skeletal structure.
NO agencies or media sales
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.