ROLE DESCRIPTION: Trust & Grants Fundraiser
SALARY: Grade 3 £25,555 per annum
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week – with some weekend and evening work on occasions. Part-time or job share will be considered for the right candidate(s).
REPORTS TO: Head of Fundraising
PURPOSE: To help maximise income from charitable trusts and foundations
Nature of the Role
The Together Trust currently employs around 850 staff and volunteers, across a number of care, education and community sites in the North-West and surrounding areas. The Fundraising team, based at the Together Trust Centre in Cheadle services the whole charity. The team currently comprises of a Head of Fundraising, a Trust & Foundation Fundraiser, Corporate Fundraiser, Community and Events Fundraisers (x 2) and a Fundraising Assistant.
The post holder will work in collaboration with other colleagues across the Trust. The Head of Fundraising guides the work of the fundraising team, however the post holder will be expected to prioritise and manage their workload and to work independently as well as being part of a team. All staff are expected to work in a flexible way and tasks that have not been covered in the job description may have to be undertaken. Time off in lieu is given for additional hours worked in line with Together Trust policy and with the prior agreement of the Head of Fundraising.
Based at our centre in Cheadle, Cheshire, you will be detail-orientated with excellent communication skills. You will be highly motivated, skilled and resourceful and will have experience of trust fundraising with a proven track record of success in this area.
Above all, you will be a creative and persuasive writer who knows how to communicate effectively by interpreting and translating the vision and needs of the charity. Within the small team, all staff are expected to work in a flexible way and tasks that have not been covered in the job description may have to be undertaken.
The successful candidate will:-
- Reliably understand the philosophy, activities and diversity of the Together Trust in order to enthusiastically and accurately promote its work
- Help deliver the fundraising strategy and promote the reputation of fundraising internally and externally to ensure it becomes understood, integrated, and appreciated at the Together Trust
- Work at all times in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of the Together Trust
- Understand that safeguarding children and vulnerable people is a priority for all employees.
- To work with stakeholders to understand and develop a pipeline of projects which meet a known need in line with the Trust’s overarching strategy
- To work closely with operational and support colleagues to ensure the effective co-ordination and quality assurance of trust and foundation fundraising, supporting colleagues especially those in business development, fundraising and communications and marketing.
- To develop and manage a comprehensive programme of targeted proposals and applications which secure significant income from trusts and foundations in line with agreed KPIs.
- To manage a portfolio of relationships with key Trusts and Foundations
- To apply a stewardship approach to Trusts and Foundations, providing ‘over and above’ the minimum reporting required, to build long-term relationships with Trusts and Foundations
- To ensure that the Together Trust meets funders’ reporting and other requirements, using appropriate project management systems which will include effective monitoring, evaluation and timely and accurate reports
- To research, identify and prospect potential funders
Administrative and Strategic Responsibilities
- To triage industry bulletins with potential funding sources
- To keep accessible, accurate and up to date records in line with appropriate policy and regulation
- To develop a system for prioritising and approaching prospects, and ensure the wider team understand the system
- To work with the Head of Fundraising and the wider team to identify fundraising opportunities that can be supported by trust and grant fundraising
- To be accountable for grant recording, prospecting, and segmentation in line with team systems, Trust policy and GDPR best practice
- To undertake training as required
- To work to agreed targets and KPIs
- To take part in other fundraising activities to support the wider team, as required, which may involve some evenings and weekends for which time in lieu will be taken
- To work with the Head of Fundraising on larger fundraising projects as required
- To perform any other duties consistent with the nature of the post as agreed with the Head of Fundraising.