The Trent Rivers Trust is looking for a
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial manager to join a growing charity and oversee its budgetary management and financial controls. Based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire with some home working. Applicants will have proven financial management skills, be used to working with accountancy and budget management software and have strong partnership development and team working skills.
The Trent Rivers Trust (TRT) is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to oversee and manage the charity’s finances and help ensure the charity’s financial sustainability. The charity has grown in recent years and now requires its first internal finance manager to lead and oversee with the CEO, all financial, accounting and budgetary management. The role is also required to ensure a smooth transition from our existing system of financial management to the use of a cloud-based finance management and accountancy software system.
The Trent Rivers Trust delivers projects that make a difference to rivers, the wildlife which inhabits the river corridor and the people that enjoy the river environment. Our vision is for the River Trent and its tributaries to be rich in wildlife habitats, landscape and historic features for the benefit of all, both now and in the future. At the Trust we have a highly motivated and skilled team all with a passion for rivers and the wider environment, managing a wide variety of projects across the Trent catchment.
Purpose of the Post
- Reporting to the CEO and Trustees, the role is the first contact point for financial matters and oversees the budgets and accounts for the charity
- Agrees and manages the budget, income and expenditure and supports forecasting and the provision of financial information.
- Supports project officers and managers with budget development and the financial management of their work
- Ensures processes around payroll, invoicing and payments to suppliers work smoothly
- Manages the finance assistant and provides support to fundraising and income generation work
Applicants wishing to apply for the post must complete the application form on the Trent Rivers Trust website
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.