Directorate: Corporate Services
Responsible to: Finance Transactions Manager
Travel required: Home based, with frequent travel to Salisbury office, occasional travel to London office and other UK locations.
Role outline and purpose
Accountable for the accurate and timely processing of financial information in line with the Trust’s systems and keeping records in good order. The role provides quality information and compliant service to support strategic decision making and build a solid foundation for an evolving organisation.
· Process payments and maintain purchase ledger - process expenses, invoices and other payments in XLedger for payment in a timely and accurate manner and reviews supplier statements and outstanding items regularly and efficiently.
· Compliance and internal controls - Ensure relevant authorisations are obtained, and safeguards and protocols are followed about data protection, internal financial controls, and ethical standards.
· Act as the first point contact for purchasing queries - primary management of the shared finance email inbox; Acting as the first point of contact for external and internal questions. Ensures high levels of customer service and effective representation of the Finance Team and the Trust.
· Organisation - Maintain paperwork in an orderly manner: current/prior year records to remain accessible yet secure, older items archived and destroyed when appropriate. Ensuring proper records are maintained in the financial system.
· Finance Team assistance - Support finance team colleagues in providing information to other parties as appropriate, e.g.: as budget holding colleagues, fundraising colleagues, or external auditors.
Technical skills and minimum knowledge:
· Relevant bookkeeping qualification (e.g., AAT) or QBE
· Experience in a similar role, ideally working with large transactional volumes.
· Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the implications of accurate record keeping.
· Able to identify situations where any risk of non-compliance/adherence may arise
· Adept at working with accounting systems and MS applications.
Behaviours and competencies:
· Has a clear idea of priorities and manages own time appropriately by delivering key outputs and replies to requests in a timely fashion
· Adopts a customer service approach when communicating with stakeholders.
· Demonstrates resilience, resourcefulness, flexibility, and perseverance
· Demonstrates personal integrity and commitment to compliance and ethical standards
· Demonstrates empathy for people from disadvantaged, marginalised or socially excluded backgrounds
· Role models inclusive behaviours and values
· Demonstrate a commitment to the values of the Trussell Trust
· All Staff
· The Finance Team
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.