The Head of Policy and Research is accountable for coordinating policy, public affairs, research, and campaigns functions to maximise impact. The role will also be accountable for embedding the practice of participation within departmental plans.
- Lead and oversee integrated policy development, public affairs, research and campaigns strategies and activity to achieve policy change
- Lead and manage strategic development, particularly under the ‘Changing Policy’ pillar, promoting collaborative working across departments and strategic themes
- Programme management of policy influencing activity, including management of a budget
- Working in coordination with relevant teams, lead on the alignment of policy advocacy functions across the UK nations
- Act as a spokesperson and representative of the Trussell Trust in media, in external events and meetings, and in writing
- Provide leadership, direction, support and line management, including regular 1:1s, tracking objectives, and ensuring development needs are met; ensure due regard is given to equity, diversity, and inclusion within strategy and activities
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.