Learning & Development Specialist
Role outline and purpose
The Learning Specialist will assist in the design and delivery of appropriate blended solutions to meet individual, team and organisational learning and development needs that will support and equip the workforce to achieve the vision of an end to the need for foodbanks in the UK.
The role will be responsible for the development of engaging face to face and digital L&D solutions that help drive high performance, in line with operational and strategic requirements. The role will deliver training and people development support to staff.
Working across with the People & Inclusion Directorate and with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of learning solutions from idea conception through to implementation, taking ownership for a range of content across key skill areas.
· Design and delivery of learning programmes for our staff, including ‘on the job’ training, coaching and the creation of digital learning resources.
· Advise on the design and delivery of digital content using up to date learning technologies, supporting the internal learning management system.
· Collaborate with departments and project teams across the organisation, responsible for delivering the L&D elements of projects and facilitating specific interventions to support the success of the work.
· Design face to face and digital course content, documentation, and structured learning resources for a range of L&D solutions.
· Source and curate content for our learning management system, GROW.
· Act as a partner for business areas, supporting the delivery of their operational activity through the identification, development, and implementation of a plan to meet their learning & development needs (including training design and facilitation, coaching, and the development of digital learning resources).
· Support the Learning & Development Manager to deliver the core learning offer, delivering new and existing training and workshops as needed; and answering queries that come into our team.
Technical skills and minimum knowledge:
· Highly developed interpersonal skills: able to build and manage relationships and network effectively; promotes a collaborative team environment.
· Excellent planning skills; with sound project management knowledge and capable of managing a broad portfolio of activities.
· Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, demonstrable knowledge of learning theory and experience in designing and developing engaging learning interventions.
· Expertise in the use of learning technologies and committed to the ongoing development of capabilities in this area.
· Ability to embed Equity, Diversity and Inclusion within all objectives that report into this department.
Behaviours and competencies:
· Demonstrates a strong, visible passion and commitment to the Trussell Trust and its strategic objectives.
· Committed to diversity and inclusion, championing the principles of equality of opportunity.
· Deliver work within a cross-Directorate matrix structure where operational and development benefits arise from resource sharing.
· Collaboration and delivery through others with clear plans and an empowering approach to ensure accountability for delivery of customer outcomes.
· Engaging people and creating opportunities for relationship building, and building a supportive, respectful working environment.
· People Experience
· Volunteering Management
· Department Leadership Teams contributing to L&D planning.
· Diversity & Inclusion
· EA and PA Community
· Brand & Marketing
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.