This role will design and develop impactful media relations strategies that increase awareness, understanding and consideration of our mission and goal. This role will generate communications tactics and PR opportunities that build traction, provoke conversations, win hearts and minds, and keep hunger and food bank use at the forefront of the national agenda.
- Lead the development of proactive communications strategies for earned media and deliver high-profile and targeted media coverage that builds cause awareness, tackles the misconceptions of poverty and shifts behaviours among key audiences
- Provide specialist communications consultancy to senior colleagues across the organisation and offer expertise on the most effective use of media, external positioning, key messaging and reputational risk issues
- Oversee the organisation’s press office function and build relationships with senior journalists across digital, broadcast and print media to identify opportunities to reach new audiences and grow awareness, understanding and consideration of our mission and goal
- Support and guide the Media Manager and Press Officer to implement proactive media activity which supports the organisation’s communications priorities and campaigns and maximises the impact of reactive opportunities
- Participate in regular 1:1s and annual reviews, contributing to the identification of objectives and targets, and monitoring progress towards them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.