The Tutor Trust is a registered charity which aims to tackle educational inequality in a unique way. Our mission is to 'transform lives through tutoring by making sure every child who needs some additional academic support can access a great tutor. We recruit and train bright university students as tutors in the core subjects of Maths, English and Science and place them in state schools.
We have won multiple awards and are now recognized as one of the most innovative and impactful education charities in the UK. We have strong evidence of our impact from a randomized control trial by the Education Endowment Foundation, and in 2019 became an EEF ‘Promising Project.’ A proudly Northern born-and-bred charity, we serve Greater Manchester, Leeds and Merseyside.
Tutor Trust is at a crucial point in its journey and growth and looks set to be a key delivery partner in the North for the National Tutoring Programme. No longer a start-up, we are rapidly professionalizing and streamlining every aspect of our work, including our communications.
About the Role:
This is a new role at The Tutor Trust. The Communications Manager will work closely with the Co-Founder & Executive Director to develop communications within Tutor Trust and provide support across this area. Copywriting skills are a must. The role will have responsibility for developing all our communication channels and strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivery of the Communications Plan: Create and manage all communications for The Tutor Trust
- To write and design bespoke materials and high-quality writing to generate support for Tutor Trust
- Create and manage the social media content calendar, planning and delivering messages across platforms
- Create, manage and deliver messages clearly, professionally and with consistency to all audiences
- Create and deliver agreed communications campaigns
- Build relationships within the organisation and externally to support content gathering and impact of messaging
- Develop and manage CMS of the website
- Fundraising support to the Executive Director, including writing reports for current and potential funders
- To capture and effectively record approaches, meetings, contacts, correspondence and contracts for communications and fundraising
- Ensuring all communications and materials are of a high quality and in accordance with Tutor Trust brand
- Design promotional materials using Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud’
- Provide regular reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees on communications
- To develop and effectively manage and utilise ICT and supporting systems
- Feedback from stakeholders and team members through surveys
- Communication measurement tools such as hit rate, click throughs, impressions and engagement
- Advise and mentor colleagues to produce quality communications
- Work with agreed budgets
- Assist with Tutor Recruitments and other tasks within Tutor Trust as required
Any other duties and responsibilities as appropriate to the post and requested by the Tutor Trust Co Founders, and within the function commensurate with the level of responsibilities of the post.
Good candidates for this role will be high achievers with excellent English writing skills. They will be diplomatic and a strategic thinker, with well-developed inter-personal skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written skills, with a strong attention to detail, and the ability to write and communicate key findings from quantitative and qualitative data analysis in a clear and compelling manner to a range of audiences
- Excellent communication skills with ability to establish a rapport and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and from all sectors
- A proven track record in communications and profile-raising, developing engaging and creative communications
- The ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure, prioritising workload to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Empathy with the needs of young people and, ideally, experience of working in or with the charity sector.
- Working knowledge of current IT applications for communications.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of web page build, PowerPoint, graphics and social media scheduling
- Experience with CMS e.g. Wordpress, Squarespace
- Digital marketing experience
- Demonstrate a commitment to the goals and drivers behind the Tutor Trust
- Enthusiasm and ability to contribute to the successful development of the Tutor Trust
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Is solution driven, overcoming obstacles
- Is creative and open to new approaches
- A willingness to work unsociable hours when required
- Willingness to undergo DBS clearance and be committed to Safeguarding children
- Be a team player
- Is a self-starter with the ability to develop a piece of work from nothing with minimal support or guidance
- Have strong organisational and communication skills
- Be able to prioritise and manage tasks
- Confidence in presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Is able to build collaborative relationships
- Able to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm at all times, particularly when under pressure
- Works well with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Is flexible in approach and responds positively to change
Salary band: Management, £23,001 – £39,001
The job is full time, on a permanent contract (after a successful 3-month probation period). Your regular place of work will be the Tutor Trust Head Office in Manchester; however, the position may also involve some travel to our Leeds and Liverpool offices and Schools.
The hours of work are 40 hrs per week over 52 weeks. Holiday entitlement will be 33 days per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays with 3 days of your allocation to be taken over the Christmas period. The role will also involve working occasional unsocial hours in evenings and at weekends.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.