Post Title: Leeds/Bradford Schools Coordinator
Responsible to: Leeds/Bradford Schools Manager
The Leeds/Bradford Schools Coordinator post is an exciting role with Tutor Trust.
You will assist the Leeds/Bradford Schools Manager by liaising with local schools and organising tuition within the Leeds/Bradford area. This will include attending meetings both face to face and Zoom, coordinating tuition sessions and arranging tutor cover etc.
You will also support the tutor recruitment and training process in Leeds/Bradford and help to ensure that it runs smoothly. You will also maintain and improve systems for the benefit of all our tutors, including ongoing tutor support.
- Assist with setting up and managing tuition assignments across multiple schools across Leeds/Bradford
- To assist in the recruitment process for new tutors, including short listing and interviewing
- Attending face to face and Zoom introductory and review meetings between tutors and teachers
- Assist with general office functions in Leeds/Bradford
- Assist in developing closer relations between tutors and opportunities for networking and working together
- Assist in the recruitment, development and delivery of training for tutors
- Take part in general induction presentations and other events to promote the Tutor Trust both internally and externally
- Help with preparation for Tutor Trust events aimed at a range of stakeholders
- Participate in project work
- Assist other staff to complete a variety of administrative tasks that enable the Trust to operate effectively and efficiently
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post
Good candidates for this role will be high achievers, with excellent IT and English skills, diplomatic and inter-personal skills, and plenty of initiative.
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent communication skills with ability to establish a rapport and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and from all sectors
- The ability to work under pressure to cope with multiple demands and deadlines, to work fast and to a consistently high standard
- Be a team player but also able to work independently when required to do so
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to manage office systems and contact databases and to use them effectively
- Be able to write fluently, to think clearly and to grasp new concepts quickly.
- To be fully IT literate, particularly to be competent with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Can demonstrate experience of administrative skills in a previous role (either paid or voluntary.)
- Demonstrate a commitment to the goals and drivers behind the Tutor Trust
- Enthusiasm and ability to contribute to the successful development of the Tutor Trust
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to work unsociable hours when required
- Willingness to undergo DBS clearance and be committed to Safeguarding children
- Be a team player
- Have strong organisational skills with a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise and manage tasks
- Experience of tuition/working in schools/working with young people is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Leeds/Bradford is desirable but not essential
The job is a full-time, permanent position (subject to a successful probation period) and will be based at the Leeds office (at least 2 days per week), however there will be significant travel across Leeds/Bradford Schools. Travel expenses will be covered to areas other than your Leeds office base.
The hours of work are 40 hrs a week.
This will also involve working occasional unsocial hours in evenings and at weekends.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th June at 12pm Noon
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 6th July 2022
Salary: £23,500 per annum, & Contributory Pension (after qualifying period)
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please email all documents to The Tutor Trust admin email
The Tutor Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For further information: Access our website on - join the team
All positions at The Tutor Trust are subject to two satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
The Tutor Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children, and expects our staff and volunteers to share this commitment
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.