Permanent, Full Time, 37 hours a week
£20,484 to £22,641 per annum plus 40 days’ leave
Are you excited by the opportunity to be the lead administrator in the operation of democratic, internal governance and HR activities and processes across The Union at Manchester Met?
Be a key part of our Central Services Team supporting both the HR Manager and the Governance & Administration Manager in this newly created role.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
Working to support both the HR Manager and the Governance & Administration Manager, you will:
- contribute towards people projects and initiatives and prepare employment documentation, ensuring that this is received, accurately processed and stored
- ensure high standards of service delivery are maintained in decision-making boards and committees in the Union
- maintain HR systems, records and staff files, ensuring that these are accurate, and data is held in line with relevant legislation.
What are we looking for?
- You will have excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work to multiple deadlines coupled with an ability to develop & maintain administrative and information management systems.
- With experience of working to coordinate the activity of a comparable HR and/or Governance function, you will have an understanding of GDPR and working with confidential and sensitive information.
- You will have the ability to work as part of a team alongside a positive attitude, energy and creativity.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values. We particularly welcome BAME applicants.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 28 July 2022
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Thursday 4 August 2022.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.