An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative Digital Communications Coordinator to support communications and content creation across the University of Notre Dame in England (UNDE). This role will be responsible for planning, delivering and creating content across our multiple channels, with a particular focus on social media and video content.
Working closely with the team in London, and collaborating with the communications team in the US, this role will work on a wide range of communications activities, helping to consistently build awareness of the UNDE in the UK and Europe.
Who we’re looking for
You will have experience managing social media and producing short video content, but will also enjoy the flexibility of working with a small team and being involved in many different areas of communications.
You’ll be passionate about social media, and ready to lead on the design and implementation of a strong social media strategy. You’ll be creative about content and able to work quickly and reactively across our channels.
Finally, you’ll look at the list of requirements and, if you can’t check all of the boxes, you’ll apply anyway because you’re excited about the role and you know you can learn any elements that you’ve not done before. We’ll support you all the way. We encourage applications from people who meet most but not all of our essential criteria.
- Lead the development and delivery of our social media strategy to ensure the reach and impact of our social media is growing and developing consistently.
- Monitor, track, analyze and report monthly on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, share with relevant internal stakeholders and act on these insights to ensure all activity is optimized.
- Work with the wider team to develop and deliver a multimedia content strategy, proactively curating student and faculty stories and opportunities for engaging content.
- Produce and develop in-house video content using Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
- Lead on creating engaging newsletters, managing our mailing lists and reporting on open rates and click through rates.
- Liaise with Event Coordinator to ensure content and design for supporting materials are on message, and to market events through appropriate channels.
- Maintain and regularly review the UNDE website to ensure it is up to date, user friendly and aligned with strategic priorities.
- Lead on merchandise strategy and distribution, working with the team on sale days and identifying and sourcing new products.
- Assist with the running of in-person and virtual events as required, staying on site to manage communications activities or provide cover for Event Coordinator when necessary.
- Provide support to the wider team as required.
- Strong knowledge of social media channels and the tools to manage them.
- Excellent copy writer, with the ability to write for different channels.
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or similar to produce creative content.
- Knowledge of website management systems.
- Ability to use email marketing software such as MyEmma, MailChimp or similar.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with fluctuating workloads.
- Ability to produce monitoring reports and analyze statistical data.
- Experience of brand management.
- Video editing skills.
- Experience in supporting events.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.