As Events & Communications Officer you will support the communication and marketing activities for the Vegan Trademark Team to ensure effective and coherent brand communication internally and externally, specifically in relation to event activity. You will be the lead person for planning, executing and evaluating tradeshows attended by the BD department, including for VEG 1.
As Events & Communications Officer, you will:
- Project manage trade shows and various events attended by the business development team.
- Monitor the events inbox and respond to enquires
- Manage relationships with events organisers and negotiate exhibition costs
- Identify, research and evaluate new shows globally and make recommendations for exhibition or visits
- Produce promotional content for shows and related Trademark holder content for social media and various TVS platforms
- Attend shows to generate new leads and engage with clients
- Create relevant event related contact for the Vegan Society’s magazine
- Reporting of event leads, promotions and costs against annual revenue
To be considered as our Events & Communications Officer you must have:
- Relevant event management/ hospitality qualifications or experience
- The ability to establish strong working relationships
- The capacity to negotiate and make the most of opportunities
- The ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Experience creating content for social media
- The ability to generate new leads
- The ability to work to targets, deliver objectives and desired outcomes
- Strong organisational and customer service skills
- Knowledge of The Vegan Society’s Vegan Trademark service and VEG 1 product and associated audiences
- Understanding of corporate identity and branding issues
- Willingness to adhere to a vegan lifestyle for the duration of your employment
Salary and Hours
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £24,858 - £28,157 per annum.
The application deadline is 9am, Friday 30th September 2021
Interview dates either 7th and 8th October or w/c 18th October
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We will offer an automatic interview to all candidates who meet our essential criteria and who identify as from an under-represented race or ethnicity or as deaf, neurodiverse, or living with disability.